Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as you can see I'd like to paint my wiper arms. Unfortunately I can't get them off. I don't have the tool for it. When I get the plastic/rubber piece off it looks like there Is a washer, and it is rusted to the wiper arm itself. I shot some pb blaster in there, and even some high quality stuff they use in the mines. It still won't come up. I read that they press them on, but why? Is there any easy way to remove those damn things without putting a crack in my window with a pry bar?

2005 cobalt base model coupe

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
There is a tool but they usually come right out after you remove the nut. Press at the hinge and pull a few times it should come loose.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did, I was pulling and the whole mechanism was pulling up. I felt like it would break something so I stopped. I might have to get one of those tools. I'll try it again some time maybe after letting that pb blaster soak on it it will work. But now I know it SHOULD just come up, so thank you. Lol I'll get it some how

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I did, the G6 last weekend and my Mitsubishi and daughters boyfriend's Corolla. I used Hotrod black. They came out nice. I had already done the Cobalt earlier this summer.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did, the G6 last weekend and my Mitsubishi and daughters boyfriend's Corolla. I used Hotrod black. They came out nice. I had already done the Cobalt earlier this summer.
Yeah I want to do black also. I'm not one for the custom wiper thing. Black looks clean and blends in

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
HotRod black is very close to OEM color.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, I'll probably be getting some of that then. If I can't get them off I'll just use a whole lot of newspaper. Lol

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I'd just use the same GM factory match paint I used on my headlights for the arms. The duplicolor stuff is nice to work with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.