Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.. I have noticed something. I feel absolutely no difference when I hit the AC button versus just running the fan. Does this mean I have a problem and my AC is always on or does it mean my AC sucks? The fan, when I turn on the circulation thingy keeps it pretty cool in the car. However, when I turn AC on (the little snowflake button) I feel absolutely no difference. Should it be this way?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
First of all if your dial is set for windsheild defog your A/C is already on and pressing the snowflake won't change a thing. But if it is set to the dash vents, when you press the button with the snowflake the first thing you should hear is the cooling fan start if it's not already on, and engine should slow down for a sec if the compressor clutch is actuated. Then you should start to feel cooler air from the vents. In good working condition A/C should push air at 45-50°F in recycle mode. If not get it serviced.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
it seems like every important question that is asked, you have a thorough and clear explanation. which isnt always easy to relay through a computer

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Well, when I first started trying to explain something on Mitsubishi forums in 2004, I quickly learnt that you had to be clear and factual. Mitsubishi forums are more international and multilingual so you have to use common words and not complicate things to much but at the same time being clear. Not always easy when you have an African, a Philipino, a Norwegean and a French Canadian all trying to understand each other in english, then add a Japanese and a Russian to the soup.

·
Registered
803 Posts
well that sure makes sense, i never heard of a forum till i got my balt lol
ive got a long way to get to your stature

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
I've often wondered, especially during this heat wave here in NC if mine is up to par. Probably would not hurt to get a recharge but I noticed when I lived back at the other house when the car was garage that on hot days the a/c was like a freezer and if the car was parked outside in the heat the a/c did not feel as cold unless going on a longer trip then the 15-20min ride home.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Haven't used my AC in a while, always have it on fan (2 till it gets cold then 1) and circulation(?) Mode it gets the job done

Sent from my PG86100

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
What makes the difference is not the size of the engine but the size of the A/V core inside the cooling unit. I'm sure the Silverado has more room for a bigger core.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yes, since dry air absorbs more moisture than recirculated air, when you put your defogger on it automatically turns on A/C to dry the air before you run it pass your windshield, this way your windshield clears up a lot faster. Even on a Cobalt my friend.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Luxury vehicle baby!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.