Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting my windows tinted soon and IDK how dark I should go. I live in GA and and the legal limit is 32%. if i go 30% how likely is it for me to get pulled over and get a ticket???

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
the law is the law. if you go darker be prepared for a ticket. In my state the limit is 50% which is like almost no tint at all lol. I have 35% on my windows with no problems. and many other people are much darker than mine.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
seems like Americans are a lot more touchy about tint.

In Ontario I got away with 5% all around on my old cavalier, didnt get pulled over in the whole year or so I owned it... and yes I was in the city almost everyday.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
seems like Americans are a lot more touchy about tint.

In Ontario I got away with 5% all around on my old cavalier, didnt get pulled over in the whole year or so I owned it... and yes I was in the city almost everyday.
You're just Lucky then. Here in Quebec, the back windows are as dark as you want, but front windows (driver and passenger doors) are only 30% tint (so 70% light through) which is like barely anything...i'mma probably push like 50 in front though and much darker in back. Hopefully I'll get no problems.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
getting my windows tinted soon and IDK how dark I should go. I live in GA and and the legal limit is 32%. if i go 30% how likely is it for me to get pulled over and get a ticket???
the guy who did my tint said for 10 years he's always said 30 or even 25 would be fine. but in the past year he had 3 or 4 come back from people who had tickets so he wouldn't recommend it.

there's not a high probability of getting a ticket, but they will not write a warning for tint anymore, so if its worth the risk to you...by all means, just remember if you get hit for speeding they'll likely check your tint while they're at it. I even had mine checked at a damn road block. (they just checked the install sticker though)

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Make a copy of the receipt from the shop to keep in the car in case, you can always show the cop how dark it is by the receipt.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Cops in CT at least don't usually pull people over for just tints. It's sort of a thing where they add it on to another violation such as speeding. Never had anyone tell me they got pulled over for just their tint. I have 35 in front and 20 in back. check out my pics and see if you approve. Doesn't look too bad but people say it looks like I have nothing in the front lol. Wish I could gowith 20 in the front though but to me it's not worth paying for it to have to rip it off along with a ticket.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Cops in CT at least don't usually pull people over for just tints. It's sort of a thing where they add it on to another violation such as speeding. Never had anyone tell me they got pulled over for just their tint. I have 35 in front and 20 in back. check out my pics and see if you approve. Doesn't look too bad but people say it looks like I have nothing in the front lol. Wish I could gowith 20 in the front though but to me it's not worth paying for it to have to rip it off along with a ticket.
in ga, they will pull you over just for tint (but it usually is only the darker ones).

and ditto on it not being worth the hassle.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
in ga, they will pull you over just for tint (but it usually is only the darker ones).

and ditto on it not being worth the hassle.
Amen to that

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got my tint done. went 20%... looks darker because of the tint in the glass from the factory. I love it though. tails are blacked out too. wash and wax tomorrow then pics.

·
Registered
507 Posts
in alabama the limit on the driver/passenger door is 35. but you can have w/e you want on the other 2doors/coupe windows and back glass. i have 35 on the doors and 10% on the coupe and rear window. been thinking about having my doors redone to 15-20. the cops aroundhere could care less.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.