Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, ive looked all over online on how to take the shift knob off for an automatic 06 cobalt. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
start the car, put it in drive, throw up the ebrake, then grab the chrome piece and twist and pull it down, then either on the front or back, there is a small allen head screw, just loosen it and pull it off

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
You dont even have to start the car, just turn the key enough to put into drive and turn key off. YOU STILL HAVE TO HAVE E BRAKE ON. But just like above without engine running and risk of brake popping loose and bad stuff happening.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Were would I be able to find a good replacement shift knob for an automatic??? I've looked around online but have yet to really find one that wasn't a plastic 15 dollar walmart "universal" style shifter

·
Registered
567 Posts
The dealer has different trim styles

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
The dealer has different trim styles
Ill definetely look into that and see if they have one that will go with my plans for the interior.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Ill definetely look into that and see if they have one that will go with my plans for the interior.
I saw the same kinda cool looking(in my opinion) shifter knob for automatics which has the button set up as well at both autozone and pepboys. It was only like 25 bucks, but ive yet to ask if they can check its compatibility with my car.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
They do?!?!?! Omg i've tried everything top take that thing off... never thought of twisting it lmao.
for manual, just grab the very top of the boot, just under the bottom of the knob, there is a plastic piece under the fabric that you twist 90 degrees, you can then pull the boot straight down, and the knob slides right off pulling up

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.