Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
my guess would have been the painters tape. just do it good. if you do it the proper way you shouldnt have a problem.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, Ive got it done now. They are drying.

About the third time Ive redone them lol

I put painters tape across the reverse lights, got a flashlight and shined it through the underside where the 2 holes are and traced and cut off excess.

Looks like sex now! WOO!
Pics soon!

·
Registered
193 Posts
why dont you try to get some vinal circles made the size of the reverse light they should peel off easy after you night shade. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
yeah thats another thing i was guna say
razor blade around the reverse

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
why are you re-doing them? i need to do that as well....but i'm a lazy bastard.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Here's a beter way. Lay some masking tape on a clean table. Guess you would need like two or three strips of it, lay them next to each other so it's approxamite the size of the reverse light. Now, get a protractor and measure from the middle to the edge of the reverse light. I hope u know how to use one. Then draw the circle on the layed tape and cut it with scissors, peel off from table and place on light. Violà

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
i think yours look great as is

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
looks good

i kinda wanna smoke my ipcw led tails but i don't wanna mess them up because they were so expensive

only thing i have smoked were my side markers. and i messed the driver side up bc i held the can to close and it dripped
but i got another one and fixed it.

i gota do my third brake light too. but i don't want it that dark because i have the led third brake light

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks good

i kinda wanna smoke my ipcw led tails but i don't wanna mess them up because they were so expensive

only thing i have smoked were my side markers. and i messed the driver side up bc i held the can to close and it dripped
but i got another one and fixed it.

i gota do my third brake light too. but i don't want it that dark because i have the led third brake light
Thanks! Post up pics! You can always get the Night Shades off with goof off if you mess up. Goes right back to regular color.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
alright i will.

the one i recently just smoked out is darker than the other one
but you cant tell unless the lights are on

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
or i was thinking about just spraying around the lights
since its black but not really black.
some one on here or css did it and it looks really good

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
looks good, i'm just to lazy to re-do mine so i think i'll just try and be uber careful and then wipe goo gone on the part that is the white since they're smoked anyway. did you re-do ALL of the tails?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.