Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ne body no how to get night shades off ur lights? ive tried paint thinner ..didnt work

im going to get goo gone to see if that works...

i need the info as quickly as i can bc i keep gettin busted by the poes bad...and i have to deliver tonight...

·
Registered
314 Posts
i dont think goo gone will work...try sanding them down. Start with 300 grit and work your way up to 2000 grit. Wet sand, clearcoat, wet sand again and then polish. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but will only cost $10.

might be better off to swap with someone who wants smoked tails

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i would never try to sand them down bc it would ruin the lense...unless ur like effin perfect....neways ...goo gone grafitti remover....perfect ....didnt ruin the lens ro take nehting off but the paitn and it was instant ......

now everyone noes wut to use...

it only cost $5.45

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't think its possible to get all of nite shades off. I've tried wet sanding them down then used mineral spirits to lift it but was only able to get about a layer off. I had to get new OEM tail lights. I could be possible tho, I could be wrong

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my man...it is possible.....i just said above that goof off grafitti remover took like 7 layers of it off perfectly without even screwing with the original shininess of the plastic lens.. and its only spray paint neway...of course its possible to get off...lol

im not even exaggerating...thats y i took it off bc barely any light shined thru and i kept getting pulled over
i mean perfect too.. i swear...and it works instantly

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Good to know

·
Registered
2 Posts
dot 3 brake fluid works great, i had to take my niteshade off too, got stop twice in one day. remove tail lights and just rub out with brake fluid

·
Registered
77 Posts
i think it'd be easy to get off sanding it...maybe time consuming...but easy i did a set of lights for my buddy's car and it had a run in it so i tried wetsanding it out with 1500 and it started taking it off within like 5 minutes of sanding

·
Registered
41 Posts
my man...it is possible.....i just said above that goof off grafitti remover took like 7 layers of it off perfectly without even screwing with the original shininess of the plastic lens.. and its only spray paint neway...of course its possible to get off...lol

im not even exaggerating...thats y i took it off bc barely any light shined thru and i kept getting pulled over
i mean perfect too.. i swear...and it works instantly
where did you buy the stuff from? i need to take mine off and redo it.. it looks like crap. im guessing home depot might have it?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here's my tail lights!

Just got $108 ticket today so i wet anded with 400 then over with 100 and buffed to a new shine when i'm done both i'll post pics. also i'll post pics after i re tint them to DOT standards :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I probably could have swapped you

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.