Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have no idea, but holy shit does that sound amazing.

My UNEDUCATED assumption would be he's just piped straight to the headers and dumped off by that wheel. Reason for assumption: straight piped drag cars, NASCAR, etc.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Are you talking the side exit exhaust? or the sound of it with the launch contorl, aka sounds like a machine gun?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol. Yea I've seen it. I would like to have that car

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Sounds like he is not running any kind of muffler, cat and or resonator. All of those serve to lessen noise and to eliminate sparks/flames.
That whole car sounds awesome. I was just wondering how or if it was possible to have that gun and flame sound

·
Registered
379 Posts
cat delete, 2-step rev limiter, and some other turbo related stuff.

5 minutes of research dude.

CudaJoe said:
flames come stock out the back of my car.... well almost stock, I replaced the downpipe with a high flow catted downpipe. all you need to do is get unburned fuel past the catalytic converter... probably the best way to do this is remove the cat.

If the car comes with an integrated BPV that recirculates, then you can get a Atmospheric BOV and this should create a rich condition since the charged air isnt recirculated back into the engine. VW's and subbies can do this. The Cobalt SS can do this as well.... I do not recommend doing the BOV though unless your planning on a bigger turbo. just remove the catalytic converter and you should get flames as long as the GC runs somewhat rich.?
CudaJoe said:
Well if you want the small fire burst like the Supra you will need a completely catless exhaust to start. Next you will need a device that does launch control or 2 step rev limiter by cutting off the ignition coils. What this does is allow unburned fuel to be expelled into the exhaust. What you are seeing is small flash fires due the the heat in the exhaust.

Would I recommend you try to achieve this? NO... Can it be done? Yes! Is it cool? In my opinion, not when you Try to do so.

Good Luck!
Cobalt SS has a 2 step standard and a No lift shift feature. so that might be why I can do this. lol.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
What slipstream said. Its just launch control. Meant for the drag strip and keeping your car boosted at the right RPM you want it at. Seems most cobalts do it around 4K to 5K

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.