Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see how other people drive there cobalts. Today I was driving my car (Its an auto 2.2 with no tune and magnaflow muffler and Injen SRI) and I would mess around a little with my friends that would pull up next to me. We would slow down to like 50, I would give it maybe a little over 3/4 throttle, to make it downshift to 2nd. (Damn did it sound good. :bigsmile: I think the highest it went was 6000-6200) Then let off around 70mph. (Not street racing at all! I would slow right back down to normal speed 58-60) I did this maybe 6 or 7 times today, I didn't let it reach 6000 all the times though, maybe twice. Just driving around enjoying my afternoon. Although I just feel like I've been hard on my girl today. This isn't a daily thing. Maybe I downshift it like that every other day. It is in D the whole time. Anyway, just want to see how you other guys drive your cobalts and the hardest you have driven it in one day. I hope I wasn't hard on her today. :unsure: Let me know if I was or not please.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
i drive balls to the walls every day!

no but seriously i normally baby her n shift around 3-4k when driving, with the occasional 6.5k runs to get the carbon all cleaned out (thats my excuse anyways).. onramps are normally my favorite in 3rd

·
Registered
978 Posts
i baby mine, but( i do rag on it) don't drive like a grandma either no more tickets.gotta watch the cops they like cars like mine haha.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I've had mine for a year, and I've ran the piss outta it, and you can tell, my serpentine belt chirps when I shift, my throttle body sticks and my car is soooo damn loud...she sees 6800rpm alot and my speedo only goes to 120mph so idk how fast....and btw....IBTL

·
Registered
840 Posts
Do you think I was being hard on mine today?
nothing it couldnt take. the ecotecs are pretty solid. ive done the same thing b4. i tested the 0-60 like 5 times in a row b4 and she's still fine.
i drive my balt differently, all depending on my mood. lol usually prety casually, sometimes giving it enough throttle to make it shift around 5500 rpm.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
lol I have phases... sometimes I'll drive like a grandma, but sometimes I drive it like i stole it :bigsmile: I dont plan on owning this car for a long time so whatever lol, besides, ecotec engines are said to be bulletproof :smile1:

I love owning a standard and dont ever want an automatic again lol, I love being able to stick the throttle and BAM there ya go.

To the OP, I've only ever redlined once (when I was leaning standard) I usually dont go past 6K, AFAIK four bangers like to be run in the higher rpm's here and there, dont worry about it man.

As long as you take care of your car you can have some fun with it (whatever fun you can have with an automatic :cheesy:)

* by the way I dont speed, I just get to the speed limit pretty quickly lawlz!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol I have phases... sometimes I'll drive like a grandma, but sometimes I drive it like i stole it :bigsmile: I dont plan on owning this car for a long time so whatever lol, besides, ecotec engines are said to be bulletproof :smile1:

I love owning a standard and dont ever want an automatic again lol, I love being able to stick the throttle and BAM there ya go.

To the OP, I've only ever redlined once (when I was leaning standard) I usually dont go past 6K, AFAIK four bangers like to be run in the higher rpm's here and there, dont worry about it man.

As long as you take care of your car you can have some fun with it (whatever fun you can have with an automatic :cheesy:)

* by the way I dont speed, I just get to the speed limit pretty quickly lawlz!
Well I'm glad I wasn't hurting it. I was in a good mood today and just wanted to have some fun lol. The fun is hearing the engine. Sounds awesome.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Full throttle to speed limit +5 from full stops (Close to 90% of traffic in GA is doing the speed limit +5). Provided there isn't someone in front of me.

Otherwise rather normal, save for passing, that's full throttle too.

Averaging 26mpg (all city) according to the DIC.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
why are people saying IBTL? theres nothing really wrong about this thread... were not talking about racing, speeding or Honda

we're just talking about driving habits lol just just relax :cheesy:

I like driving "spiritedly" but not wrecklessly or speeding

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Yea i get it up there sometimes, probably only read lined a handful of times during the year and a half i've had it. Mainly when my g/f is in the car hahaha, she loves it.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I usually go to about 3.5 k... except for on ramps :laugh:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Yea i get it up there sometimes, probably only read lined a handful of times during the year and a half i've had it. Mainly when my g/f is in the car hahaha, she loves it.
LUCKY! my GF hates it when i drive fast. she has anxiety issues. lol but that sometimes wont stop me.
Will: thats seriously what i was gonna say when i read the thread title! lmao:laugh:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.