Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i love cobalts, i got an LS 4dr (ill be reppin =D) but from a stop to flooring it, from idle to around 3500 (around that area) it seems to take forever to pick up speed. im sure we all know about this so know i'm wondering, how can i increase the speed or torque in my low-revs?

~jay

·
Registered
133 Posts
use Nitrous oxide lol just kidding you will blow your engine but you could use street performance or even a racing clutch other then that you would have to do heavy mods

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
use Nitrous oxide lol just kidding you will blow your engine but you could use street performance or even a racing clutch other then that you would have to do heavy mods
you won't blow your engine if you do it properly....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
true but mines an auto (mom gave me the balt) so is there any mods out there? i just want something to that make it better.....btw love your balt bro!

·
Registered
44 Posts
short ram intake like a k&n will improve low end. don't get a knock off though if you want a short ram get a k&n, it will get about the most power for your buck at least with the research i've done

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
true but mines an auto (mom gave me the balt) so is there any mods out there? i just want something to that make it better.....btw love your balt bro!
auto? ooh too bad...but whatever...free car wow lucky...
search the forum. seriously. there's threads on $100 or less mods, but if you need more speed then you can either build your engine naturally (ie aftermarket performance exhaust, cold air intake, etc) or you go forced induction, which would be either supercharging or turbocharging. There's tons of threads on each of those. do your research in the forum and you'll see all kinds of information on it.

Bottom line, if you want more speed, you better have the cash for it,...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
auto? ooh too bad...but whatever...free car wow lucky...
search the forum. seriously. there's threads on $100 or less mods, but if you need more speed then you can either build your engine naturally (ie aftermarket performance exhaust, cold air intake, etc) or you go forced induction, which would be either supercharging or turbocharging. There's tons of threads on each of those. do your research in the forum and you'll see all kinds of information on it.

Bottom line, if you want more speed, you better have the cash for it,...
yeah i kno, she didnt like it so gave it to me......i love it after driving it for a while (always wanted a integra gs-r....honda guy XD)......
yeah i did that i needed a better answer. i can proberly do a supercharge or turbocharge it. not sure. i'm planning to do small mods to it. not trying to go big on it cause im getting my own car sometime over the summer. thanks bro

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

short ram intake like a k&n will improve low end. don't get a knock off though if you want a short ram get a k&n, it will get about the most power for your buck at least with the research i've done
i got money i was just wondering what can i do cause i wasn't 100% sure

·
Registered
133 Posts
you won't blow your engine if you do it properly....
come on now main rule of nitrous oxide injection never shoot under 3400 RPM and stop before rev limiter cause it will cut the fuel and nitrous with out the fuel will blow or melt or both the engine you can always shoot nitrous under 3000rmp but it will tear everything a part and not just engine it's also including transmission i use nitrous oxide i just do what instructions manual say cause if you don't follow it you better call a tow truck and save some money for new engine :amuse:

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
come on now main rule of nitrous oxide injection never shoot under 3400 RPM and stop before rev limiter cause it will cut the fuel and nitrous with out the fuel will blow or melt or both the engine you can always shoot nitrous under 3000rmp but it will tear everything a part and not just engine it's also including transmission i use nitrous oxide i just do what instructions manual say cause if you don't follow it you better call a tow truck and save some money for new engine :amuse:
alright man if you think you know best that's cool. :suspicious:

btw your run-on posts are really annoying. Why don't you write proper english, it's easier to read. thx.

·
Registered
133 Posts
thanks, as the guys say you can always go with little mods like ram intake exhaust but if you got cash get a turbo or supercharger kit add a good after market exhaust don't forget about getting better brakes you will need them unless you drive like me cause i drive like i dont have brake at all:nuts:, also you will need a ether stand alone programmable ECU or a programmable piggy back.....cause you cant tune the stock ECU even dealership wont do it :suspicious: unless you can find a programmer that plugs into your obd2 connector or diagnostics connector and i am pretty sure i missing buch of crap guys correct me if i am wrong

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
^ trifecta has a tune that will do the trick...or so I am told

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.