Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"http://www.buywheelstoday.com/products/Tuner+%28Black+%2F+Machined%29.bwt" <-- Copy Paste

They would be 15" because I don't really want to buy new tires, I still have the ones from the dealership and I only have 3,900 Miles on the car. If you know of some better looking wheels for a similar price please inform me.

I was also thinking of Custom Headlights But I don't know if I should get Gen 1 or Gen 3 Chrome vs Black and I was thinking 8000K Hids and Blue LEDs.

I was then thinking Leatherette Car Seat Covers ? Buy Coverking Custom Vinyl Seat Covers at Customcovers
for the front and back seats Black/Charcoal. If you can find a better price or think neoprene or similar I would appreciate the incite.

Thanks

Car is posted below, 2009 Cobalt LT.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Don't get 15s, you'll regret it. Do what I'm doing and rock the stickers until the tires wear out and then get rims and tires. 15s are just too small

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't get 15s, you'll regret it. Do what I'm doing and rock the stickers until the tires wear out and then get rims and tires. 15s are just too small
Being @ 3,900 miles its going to take a while to wear these out:notrust: Though I know that probably for the best. What kind of Wheels do you think would look good? Those ones are only $68 not bad considering some get to crazy amounts of money. Also What size 18" or something?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I fixed the link.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Agreed, save for wheels and tires in a 17 or 18, keep your steelies for wintertime. Winter is almost here anyways.
BTW How should I protect the paint in the winter from the salt and all the gunk they put on the roads?

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
put your steelies back on in the winter. it's the only way they will stay in good shape.

I have 18's and I love them.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Being @ 3,900 miles its going to take a while to wear these out:notrust: Though I know that probably for the best. What kind of Wheels do you think would look good? Those ones are only $68 not bad considering some get to crazy amounts of money. Also What size 18" or something?
I'm only at about 6000 miles myself. It'll be worth it in the end though

My iPhone added an angry face for some reason... Odd lol

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
First, I agree just wait and buy 17's or 18's, if those are the Continental will not take that long to wear them out, mine were replaced at about 30K.
Second, GM already protected the paint at he factory, if you are still worried just wash the car every week and use the belly wash at one of the TOUCHLESS car washes. All depends on where you are at also.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
You are sure starting out with a clean ride. Looks lust like mine. I like everything you got there, except the wheel idea. I think, if you really want to buy wheels get some 17's or 18's and save your stock wheels and tires for the winter time.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Don't bother with 15" rims. 17s or 18s.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Arn't the tires from the dealership are 6 inches wide not 6.5?

·
Registered
70 Posts
ive got the same exact car but i have the 2010 xfe and i took my side molding off.
Just for a fyi the tires suck ****. no traction ever. invest in tires if you are gonna do rims

·
Registered
911 Posts
Put wax on ur car before the first snowfall, it'll make cleaning it during the winter so much easier

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Put wax on ur car before the first snowfall, it'll make cleaning it during the winter so much easier
Can do, I wax every time I clean my car. I have some spray when wet wax I used in the picture and it does not work as well as the regular stuff, so If it looks that good in the picture I'm sure it will look and be easier to clean during the winter.

Unfortunatly somebody ran in to my baby in the school parking lot today after school :notrust:. The ignition cylinder broke and the car would not turn off, So we drove it to a dealer ship and they already fixed it:nuts:. Good thing to because riding the bus is no fun.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

ive got the same exact car but i have the 2010 xfe and i took my side molding off.
Just for a fyi the tires suck ****. no traction ever. invest in tires if you are gonna do rims
Why do that, its just there to keep the car from being dinged up as bad. Though removing the GM and the Cobalt LT on the back of my car would not be so bad. Wax always gets in there and I have to get Q-Tips to get it out. Also, The tires do suck If I accelerate any faster than an old lady they squeal and they do during turning also though not as bad as the accelerating. I'm Thinking 18"s and getting some wheels when the winter is over, and i'll keep my steel wheels in order to use them during all the winters I bet by the end of winter I have ~7,000 Miles on the car.

Are there any recommendations for wheels and tires, I have the wheels I originally wanted in the first post, I like a lot of spokes like those old BMW stock wheels though I doubt they look good on the cobalt. If anyone has any Idea of tires that Give better MPG and give me Awesome traction for accelerating please let me know.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I stuck with 15" rims when I decided to get aftermarkets ones for this reason: weigh less than 17" or 18" rims. With less weight I get better gas mileage plus faster acceleration and my car does accelerate alot lol

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I stuck with 15" rims when I decided to get aftermarkets ones for this reason: weigh less than 17" or 18" rims. With less weight I get better gas mileage plus faster acceleration and my car does accelerate alot lol
I get 27 MPG usually though I bet even 17" rims can weigh the same if not less than the steel rims.

·
Registered
911 Posts
wait till u add tires to it, I had 17"s before, now I'm with 15s. I like to drive fast (hit the cutout atleast twice a week, cuz I'll race anyone) and I find I can drive faster with the 15s...I DO NOT recommend driving like me btw..bigger rims do look better, but for me 15s are more practical...its ur choice tho

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.