Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

How are you affected by the recession?

• In no way has it or will ever affect me.

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • I'm prepared for the worst.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Not bad financially, but more worried about my job.

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • I can't do the things I enjoy anymore.

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Gotta cut back on the car parts.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Hell, I can barely afford driving to work.

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Lost my job or will be losing my job.

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • So broke I'm to the point of insanity.

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course we all must be feeling something from this recession, whether it be from not buying RedBulls and Amps anymore to losing your job. How does it affect you. How are you coping with it?

I ask this because the Chicago region is laying off people left and right. So far I'm still working, but all my money goes to lawyers and court cost anymore.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Today i went to New York City with my girl firend. and standing on the corner was a middle aged man, maybe about 40.Very well put togethe,clean cut, shaved, in a suit with a jacket and tie, shoes shined, the whole 9 yards. He was wearing a ign though, it read

HELP:
almost homeless, will be shortly, looking for work.
he went on to list his education. which consisted of 5 degress.all in buisness, He was even a CPA. Then continued to tell you his job history.

This was a man who was probably living the life before th recession, being a CPA in Manhatten i can only imagine how much money he made, now his bank account ran dry and soon will be homeless. our country is not in good shape.

but another interesting thing i saw ill talk about in another thread, check the owners lounge.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I do respect that guy though. Trying to do something about it instead of waiting for and demanding the government to pay his bills.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I work for a private trucken co as a mechanic,so theres work for me so far but im not allowed any Over Time now.Some of the co drivers are ON CALL tho.Some are off a couple days a week cause the freight deliveries have dropped off.The co has mentioned lay off's,just gota waite it out.

·
Registered
169 Posts
its starting to effect my job very lightly as of now. MY job relys on govt. grant money for major projects like we do. Things will be ok overall... but it will slow down a bit I'm sure. I cant see the police not needing police cars, and the FD not needing trucks.. hope for the best :)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Ouch^^

but seriously open up a newday theres pages upon pages of help wanted advertisements.

theres jobs out there jsut gotta find them.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
I've been trying for almost a year already to find a new job... there's just NOTHING and hiring freezes all over!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got laid off from a Chevy dealership back in Oct. and still haven't found work. if anyone knows of work in the Denver area let me know, car related or not.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Well they offered me a salary cut of 57% or lose my job. So I took the salary cut. It was hard going from making all lot of money to just under 30k but luckily I'm not one to spend money like crazy and I have little debt so I'm not hurting like my coworkers.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have job security for the next 3 years. I don't make close to what most people on this site are making though. I'm a Private First Class in the Army.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Well I have been having a lot of trouble just finding a job. But i just found a little part time bussing job. I get minimum wage + about 60 bucks a day in tips.. So Its not too bad. Its enough that I'm not sinking into debt anymore..

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got laid off last Aug (plant closing) but was working again soon after. Now the plant I'm at currently is closing the end of May:mad:. Now I have to do this all over again. :worried: There are jobs out there, but alot of people in competition for them.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
luckily i work at a beer distributor

and the more times sucks the more beer people drink soo.....

my job is pretty secure right now, thankfully.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got laid off from a Chevy dealership back in Oct. and still haven't found work. if anyone knows of work in the Denver area let me know, car related or not.

hey im from denver too and my dad just got laid off from a chevy dealer too after 32 years of service. hes looking at working at coors or fed ex is hireing as well. fyi food service is always hireing too. i know it may sucks to be a waiter but at least its something. good luck

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.