Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

What do you think? These wheels are so common because they are cheap and sold at Discount Tire (America's Tire). They are on just about every type of car.

Good - Common, so nothing special. No one will want to steal them. They are all over town

Bad - So common that they may want it on their car too.

Go or no go?

·
Registered
802 Posts
in say go then spend a lil extra money and have the lip painted to match the car so it is common but unique and not so uncommon that if they did still it it wouldnt be hard to find

·
Registered
610 Posts
nothing wrong with simplicity but look into wheel locks so you wont get them stolen ;)

·
Registered
802 Posts
those wheel's call for tuner lugs... but all ne one would have to do is go to the part's store and order a new key... wich isnt hard at all.. they sell 4 style's of key's that show's for those lugnut's in teh wheel.s and the one's iwth the big allen head i dont recomend cuz they strip easily

·
Registered
496 Posts
these are the exact ones that i have, size 16". i have a silver car and the rims do go well with the silver. here's a pic of them on my car.

not a straight on pic, but you get the idea

·
Registered
720 Posts
Can you take a side pic of the car with them on? I'm curious if it's the light or what, but they look almost white in that pic. I think if they look that light in color, I would powdercoat a set (if I were buying them).

·
Registered
802 Posts
these are the exact ones that i have, size 16". i have a silver car and the rims do go well with the silver. here's a pic of them on my car.

not a straight on pic, but you get the idea
i like those but i think i'd like them more in an 18in wheel i dunno to me certain car's should have certain sizes...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Meh i dont like how they are 5 lug and 4 lug wheels. I wold much rather perfer wheels that were fit specificlly for my car rather then a universal set. Universal wheels shows you went the cheap way out, and its not even covered by a cap or anything, the lug nuts show right in the open.

Id sorry im not feeling them. I mean the wheels itself is nice, just dont like the lug part. But if your tight on money i guess go for it, just giving you my opinion.

and as for wheel locks..... they dont do anything. Theives are professionals. If they want your wheels there going to get them. Guy a block over from me got the wheels off his benz stolen. He has wheel locks and a car alaram, and his car was parked in his backyard behind a 6 foot fence. If they want em they'll get em.

If you takeoff all the lug nuts except for the wheel lock, then just jack the car up and let it slam down on the ground. Bam, wheel lock brakes and wheel comes right off.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Can you take a side pic of the car with them on? I'm curious if it's the light or what, but they look almost white in that pic. I think if they look that light in color, I would powdercoat a set (if I were buying them).
ya sure ill take a side pic. give me a day or so...i dont have access to a camera right now, but ill get a side pic for ya

·
Registered
496 Posts
i like those but i think i'd like them more in an 18in wheel i dunno to me certain car's should have certain sizes...
i know what you mean. now that i think about it, i wish i held out for at least a 17", at least. but these are a vast improvement over the stock 15".

·
Registered
496 Posts
Meh i dont like how they are 5 lug and 4 lug wheels. I wold much rather perfer wheels that were fit specificlly for my car rather then a universal set. Universal wheels shows you went the cheap way out, and its not even covered by a cap or anything, the lug nuts show right in the open.

Id sorry im not feeling them. I mean the wheels itself is nice, just dont like the lug part. But if your tight on money i guess go for it, just giving you my opinion.

and as for wheel locks..... they dont do anything. Theives are professionals. If they want your wheels there going to get them. Guy a block over from me got the wheels off his benz stolen. He has wheel locks and a car alaram, and his car was parked in his backyard behind a 6 foot fence. If they want em they'll get em.

If you takeoff all the lug nuts except for the wheel lock, then just jack the car up and let it slam down on the ground. Bam, wheel lock brakes and wheel comes right off.

ya i know what youre saying. i see these an a lot of cars now that i actually have them myself, but i just didnt have the money for better ones, and the stock ones were seriously pissing me off. but i do like the look of them...although there are certainly better.

·
Registered
496 Posts
oh and ya its just the light...its really a dull silver color.

·
Registered
720 Posts

Just to clarify, the bolt patterns on wheels (when they have multiple) are always of the same number of lugs...the wheels are probably 4x100 and 4x114.3 or 4x108. They don't do a 4 lug and 5 lug pattern on a wheel.

Also, for your last comment, you run a big risk of breaking a stud or two or more by dropping your car like that...if you don't mind replacing the studs, then go for it, but I wouldn't recommend doing that.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I think these would also look better in a larger size, but I think Cobalt's can pull of 16" wheels. It just depends on the style of the wheel. No doubt that an 18" or 19" wheel looks great on these things, but for people who don't want to spend that much on wheels and tires, find a nice 16" wheel that works and get 225/50 tires. It can look great.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Just to clarify, the bolt patterns on wheels (when they have multiple) are always of the same number of lugs...the wheels are probably 4x100 and 4x114.3 or 4x108. They don't do a 4 lug and 5 lug pattern on a wheel.

Also, for your last comment, you run a big risk of breaking a stud or two or more by dropping your car like that...if you don't mind replacing the studs, then go for it, but I wouldn't recommend doing that.

Im saying thats what theives do. i wouldnt recommend stealing either. But these guys will do whatever it takes to get what they want.

·
Registered
496 Posts

k. here's a side pic. sorry about the crap quality. i couldnt find my digital camera, so i took the pic w/ my phone

·
Registered
720 Posts
They don't look bad. I think if I were to buy them, I'd get another color (if available) or I'd take them to get powder coated.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.