Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I went to get my oil changed today and the guy told me that my lower control arm bushings were pretty much done....whats it cost to have them replaced? other than that my 2005 cobalt has been flawless for 100356 kms exactly so i gues i can't complain can I ? :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I picked up a couple at my GM dealer for about $58. It took me about two hours to change them out. The job isn't too bad if you do it yourself, but they need to be pressed in and out of the lower control arm. If you don't have a way to do that any machine shop should be able to press out the old and press in the new for a small fee. I would guess if you have a dealer do the work you would be looking at $300 to $500. With most of that being the labor part.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great site, I just replaced the front brakes on my 2005 Cobalt and found a lot of movement in the lower control arm, rear bushing, passenger side. I feel better knowing what the problem is now. I pushed the tire from the front tread area and watched the lower control arm move. Thanks for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.