Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so, everyone here knows i was looking for another run around, full size, people pusher.......i bought a van!

well, to be exact, a 1993 Ford Aerostar(cue laughter).......I know, it's a van, and i am 20, but hey, i can fit 7 ppl AND my full size DJ rig into it AT THE SAME TIME!

bonus items:

4.0L V6 Sport(GFX package)
Heavy Duty trailer hitch(to pull cobalts out of snowbanks)
rear wheel drive(now i have a vehicle i can put my ricer wing on, and get pics ABSOLUTELY EVERYWHERE)
dual zone climate control

this thing is loaded, and as the name of this thread goes, how far do i dare take my van???

I am tempted to turbocharge the 4.0L engine, which has no get up and go(except when you hit the low gear to go faster)

i have seen some weird people go as far as putting their 4.0L on the blue baby bottle(NOS, youtube it, "12 second aerostar")

just how far should i go with this thing, i want to slam it to the ground, hoping that would be cool(it would also have the tucked wheel look, easy drop, just chop the springs, if i dont like it, i have other aerostars for parts)

This van cost me next to nothing to buy, and i have 5 more for alternate parts if need be, so nothing is out of the question.....

·
Registered
575 Posts
haha it would be absolutely ridiculous....meaning it would be funny as hell to have a turbo van. I remember seeing a youtube video of a cobalt ss/sc racing one and the van dusting it.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha it would be absolutely ridiculous....meaning it would be funny as hell to have a turbo van. I remember seeing a youtube video of a cobalt ss/sc racing one and the van dusting it.
yeah, but if you noticed, that was a turbo caravan, also a 4 banger, this thing is a monster 6!!!!

again, it would freak out some people......i hit 100 mph in it yesterday, lol

cobaltkrazy added 33 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Gibby, you were referring to this one?

or this one, where a turbo van took on a camaro

or this one(nitrous aerostar)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
those are only a few that i found, there are more

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds like the ultimate "sleeper" to me. Nobody suspects the lowly toddler-toter!
that's what i was thinking, freaked out a guy with an LS when he flew by me, only to get a return fly-by at the speed he was doing, lol

·
Banned
384 Posts
its not a sleeper if youre doing fl bys on a cobalt. beat a cobra, then ill be impressed

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
actually, myself and a friend(with a cobra) were gonna run our rides this weekend, we'll have some fun(i know he's gonna hand me my ass, he's running a supercharged 8, me, factory 6)

·
Registered
35 Posts
hey anyone can pimp a stang, it takes real pimptitude to pimp a minivan. I say take it as far as money, time, effort and energy can take it. No guts no glory.

·
Registered
575 Posts
its not a sleeper if youre doing fl bys on a cobalt. beat a cobra, then ill be impressed
X2 I generally would think it would be a waste of time it's like an turbo neon...it's still a neon. But yes, that is the video I was talking about lol.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Okay, so, everyone here knows i was looking for another run around, full size, people pusher.......i bought a van!

well, to be exact, a 1993 Ford Aerostar(cue laughter).......I know, it's a van, and i am 20, but hey, i can fit 7 ppl AND my full size DJ rig into it AT THE SAME TIME!

bonus items:

4.0L V6 Sport(GFX package)
Heavy Duty trailer hitch(to pull cobalts out of snowbanks)
rear wheel drive(now i have a vehicle i can put my ricer wing on, and get pics ABSOLUTELY EVERYWHERE)
dual zone climate control

this thing is loaded, and as the name of this thread goes, how far do i dare take my van???

I am tempted to turbocharge the 4.0L engine, which has no get up and go(except when you hit the low gear to go faster)

i have seen some weird people go as far as putting their 4.0L on the blue baby bottle(NOS, youtube it, "12 second aerostar")

just how far should i go with this thing, i want to slam it to the ground, hoping that would be cool(it would also have the tucked wheel look, easy drop, just chop the springs, if i dont like it, i have other aerostars for parts)

This van cost me next to nothing to buy, and i have 5 more for alternate parts if need be, so nothing is out of the question.....

Nitrous alone won't drop you into 12's with that hunk of junk and even if it did the motor would be gone soon after. This sounds like a Mexican idea...lowering a minivan? Spending money on minivan performance parts if any are even made...it suprises me that you drive American cars, your hairbrain ideas sound like something a Jap ricer wannabe would do.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Well if you do decided to go through with this plan. Def cut the springs to give it that "tucked wheel" look. I have always been a fan of that look and throw some rims on it. Tint it

·
Banned
384 Posts
Nitrous alone won't drop you into 12's with that hunk of junk and even if it did the motor would be gone soon after. This sounds like a Mexican idea...lowering a minivan? Spending money on minivan performance parts if any are even made...it suprises me that you drive American cars, your hairbrain ideas sound like something a Jap ricer wannabe would do.
+100

hahahaha true story :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

·
Registered
575 Posts
hey anyone can pimp a stang, it takes real pimptitude to pimp a minivan. I say take it as far as money, time, effort and energy can take it. No guts no glory.

I would say it takes more sense to "pimp" a stang than a minivan lol. I would also say "pimp" is an interesting way to describe performance modifications haha

·
Banned
384 Posts
not if you have hydraulics on your gt. dont you know they add hp hhahahaha

·
Registered
575 Posts
haha I'm sorry I just don't see the point in spraying a van....I just read what I wrote and it still sounded stupid lol sorry

·
Banned
384 Posts
i dont get people doing anythign other than letting their toddlers trash there van

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well if you do decided to go through with this plan. Def cut the springs to give it that "tucked wheel" look. I have always been a fan of that look and throw some rims on it. Tint it
that's what i was thinking chester, i am all for the tucked wheel look, but rims???? maybe steelies, lol(i cant see aftermarket rims on this ride)......BTW, gotta love the factory 20% tint all around the back!

ummm, i am one for very odd ideas, take for instance, my project "sleeper", a 1991 Chevy Sprint 4-door with a 305 chevy motor in it, yeah, it runs wild here........so i thought to do up a van, prolly just gonna add the turbo, and tune it......not going for massive boost, 5-7 psi is a fair range for a grocery getter, lol

cobaltkrazy added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

And guys, flame all you want, it seems that's all some people here do anyway..... I just wanted honest opinions in order to make a decision, not peanut gallery feedback..........i will state this much, YOU DONT HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT.............i do, and being it's mine, i will do as i please, irregardless the comments

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.