Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is it to remove the trim on the console/dash? I'd like to paint it and want to make sure I don't break anything in the process.... :embarrest::bigsmile:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Its not that hard at all when i removed mine i really thought that i would break it your best bet is to use a flathead screw driver to remove the panels (make sure u take them off in the right order)

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
its pretty easy man, i've taken mine out in the middle of the woods at night during a party to fix my stereo...no tunes = shitty party. haha, its just pulls out. get a panel remover or do what i did "it'll scratch it up a little tho and you might leave a pop up tab in the dash" and get a big knife and wedge it out.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just use the flathead to "pry" it off or are there screws in some places?

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha! That makes it look real easy! Thanks! =) Might just do that this eve or in the next couple of days.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet. I'm not quite sure if I should just do the silver trim on mine, or if I should do like the little hatch door and cup holder too.... Would it look dumb if I just did the silver trim? b/c the door and cup holder is just the black interior color.... It's not silver w/ the rest of the trim....:unsure:

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Sweet. I'm not quite sure if I should just do the silver trim on mine, or if I should do like the little hatch door and cup holder too.... Would it look dumb if I just did the silver trim? b/c the door and cup holder is just the black interior color.... It's not silver w/ the rest of the trim....:unsure:
I think it would look alright. So youre thinking just like this? >>

This is what I did to mine first. And then did some more:

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sweet. Thanks. Yea, I think I might just leave it like you had at first.... If I feel like changing my mind, I will. :)

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
hey gcobalt, what kind of paint did you use??

·
Registered
6,103 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
stupid question i know, but by door handle trim you mean...?

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
To be able to take the trim around the window controls out and paint it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.