Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined this before I have puchased the car. I usually buy new but this 2006 has only 29,000 miles. Will I be pleased with my purchase and get at least
100k or are there problems with this model and I should keep looking?
Your input will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I joined this before I have puchased the car. I usually buy new but this 2006 has only 29,000 miles. Will I be pleased with my purchase and get at least
100k or are there problems with this model and I should keep looking?
Your input will be greatly appreciated!
depending on the price. is it from a dealer or private seller? do you know enough about cars to give it a solid look over?

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I got a 06 LT, is the one that you are looking at sedan or coupe?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It is a sedan. Purchasing from a dealer. I can get 12 mo / 12,000 mi for $399. I definately want that because I'm leary about used but this car really looks clean. Leather interior, very clean under the hood, Pioneer sound system but I haven't looked at the Carfax yet. I'm really trying to find out if it will stay solid to 100k and beyond. I once had a Honda Odyssey the went over 250k with just following the maintenance schedule. I also should mention one other concern, the tires have been replaced. Are the stock tires that bad that they don't get 30, 000 miles?

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
It is a sedan. Purchasing from a dealer. I can get 12 mo / 12,000 mi for $399. I definately want that because I'm leary about used but this car really looks clean. Leather interior, very clean under the hood, Pioneer sound system but I haven't looked at the Carfax yet. I'm really trying to find out if it will stay solid to 100k and beyond. I once had a Honda Odyssey the went over 250k with just following the maintenance schedule. I also should mention one other concern, the tires have been replaced. Are the stock tires that bad that they don't get 30, 000 miles?
Well before you do anything, look at the car fax to make sure it is clean also talk the dealer about it too. Because i found a car that i wanted and the carfax said it was fine on the internet, until i was about to buy it, i just about to start on the paper work to close the deal and the dealer found out it was salvage. Which was so depressing. But when were the tires replaced? I didn't know if my tires are stock, i bought the car at 29000 and now its at 32000 and i only have problems with the front left tire getting low in air a few times.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Welcome! My ’05 sedan has almost 90K and it’s still going strong. I bought it used so don’t know about past problems. However, currently the only thing wrong with it is the control arm bushings need to be replaced, which is common with these cars. My struts have started to leak also, but that’s not surprising for a car with 90K on it. Hope that helps you.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Sound like a nice car,,, but get the CARFAX and,,,, ask dealer to run the VIN there in their system to see any warranty work or dealer contact of the car at any GM facility. The printout will show from the time it was built to now any work at any GM dealer! And it only takes a minute to get it and is free!
Make sure you get ALL the pages and none are skipped!

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Cobalts are great cars, just make sure there's no previous history with this one.

Oh, BTW, you're in Troy? I live in Royal Oak.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.