Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
depends on what you want to adjust. if you are adjusting toe, then you do it through the tierods. camber is with the strut bolts that bolt to the steering knuckle doodad lol. and I'm not positive about caster but that is prolly with the strut bolts too

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
caster is not adjustable.

Do not bother with a 4 wheel alignment, afaik i am the only one that can currently shim the rear end safely. Maybe John Powell will do the same when he swaps to 5x114.3 later this year.

Make sure to specify just a front end alignment, it'll save you money. Also, i cannot get to -1* of camber without camber bolts. It was ok when i was on coilovers, but now that i'm back on a strut/spring combo i need them. OTTPerformance.com.

Also, tell them to set the toe to 0, and camber at -1* up front. That is best, and they can do it, even if they say they can't, it's easy. Good enough doesn't cut it for me.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
whats so great about having -1 camber up front?
Negative camber helps handling. I could explain it, but it's a lot of typing haha

Too much camber kills tires, a little bit is good. this car likes -1*

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

I did not know that. it is adjustable on older vehicles.
Yep, there is no adjustment point for it on a cobalt. Only if you manage to fiddle with a pair of coilover top hats, and turn it 90*

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Not bad! Welcome to YC btw! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.