Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up everybody so I got a question for you all, How long did your OE tires last you? My Pirreli P6's that came with my car (sport apperance package) only lasted me 30Kish which I thought was kinda crappy.
Thanks, Peace.:bigsmile:

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
My Pirelli's are just about toast and I haven't hit 20K yet! All are wearing perfect, no cupping or anything...just very low tread left!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah I thought my tires just sucked, it turns out that they were average, thanks guys, apreciate it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
22k on Hankook HP25A's and still young.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Continentals lasted about 30k miles, and they were an awful tire.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've got just under 80000kms (50000mile) on my Hankooks, and they've got atleast one more season left in them. This is the first year the tires are being taken off for snow tires, the PO thought all season were good enough for winter, which explains the scratches on the front bumper, so the tires may actually last another two seasons. Or atleast be good enough to sell when I get new rims next year.

·
Registered
395 Posts
almost 20k on my original 15" Continentals ... about wore out.. terrible tire.. and you talk about cupped from understeer lol!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well then i guess the tires that the car came with from the factory was just enough to get you home then your already needing a new set of tires

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi,
I have 79K on my original continentals, on my 2009 XFE, with some tread left, but I plan to replace before winter. Although I do mostly highway driving, I'm amazed at the longevity of the continental tires. (My right rear tire did start leakin air last week, may have run over a nail). So there are some real different experiences from owners.
Greg

·
Registered
787 Posts
my continentals lasted 25k miles. horrible tires all around. but now im gonna throw em out and put on blizzaks, thank you new 18's

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey whats up everybody so I got a question for you all, How long did your OE tires last you? My Pirreli P6's that came with my car (sport apperance package) only lasted me 30Kish which I thought was kinda crappy.
Thanks, Peace.:bigsmile:
I had the same tires on my cobalt. They lasted me roughly 52k miles. I don't remember the exact mileage

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I got just over 60K on the oem Pirelli P6's.. and another 60K when I replaced with the same tire. So 120K total and only "bought" one set of tires!
At 120K... replaced with Kumho Platinums. Very sticky, comfortable and quiet. Excellant warranty and a great price!

·
Registered
98 Posts
i got 65,000 miles out of the OE Hankook H725A that came on my G5. Still had tread left but the belts had shifted and the ride was really suffering.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You know what now that I think about it, since I live on a dirt road thats probably why my tires only lasted me 30K ish

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.