Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Mine went bad around 60k miles, some people have gotten a lot more than that out of them before though. Just replace them when they are bad, not really any set mileage that they go bad at

·
Registered
949 Posts
I've heard that it's recommended to replace them every 50K miles. I replaced mine at 44500, and noticed an improvement in ride quality instantly. I also switched to the FE5's that PJ mentioned with some new Canuck Motorsport springs, so that might be what I'm actually feeling.

·
Registered
266 Posts
mine are still good and i got 150k on my 06 balt, original equipment almost all around, only thing ive really had to replace was the hub assemblies, replaced them twice in a year and a half until i put the Moogs in.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mine lasted to around 70,000 miles before the front right strut started making noises.

·
Say What again!
6,034 Posts
Mine were fine when I swapped to FE5s around 45k miles or so.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm at 142,000 miles and still on the original struts. As long as the car's not bouncing after you hit a bump, they're fine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
104k mile 2007 LS sedan. 3 struts are fine, front driver side is blown. Needs new control arm bushings too. Shitty front suspension design, sway bars are solid though.

On the other hand, my 145k mile 2000 ford ZX2's factory struts are still fine. Not as much rebound as new but it passes the bounce test. I've driven it hard for 5 years too.

·
Say What again!
6,034 Posts
Pretty sure the struts on my 248k mile Cavalier are original too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.