Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k guys just put new 18's on with 225/40 kumho tires.. i wanna drop my balt and put some lowering springs on it...i wanna drop it 2 inches in the front and 2.5 in the back... is that to much.. and what else if anything should i put on besides lowering springs?

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
2-2 or 2-5, I was going to do 2-2 but instead went with 2-5. I have not installed the springs yet but almost every Cobalt I have seen with 2.5 in the rear has reverse rake. I had already ordered my 2-2 springs but was told by the supplier that he no longer had the springs in stock, so he gave me a great deal on a 2-2.5 spring so hopefully it works out. It depends on the money you want to spend, it would be ideal to go with a coilover setup but not everyone has the extra scratch for coilovers.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha yea i wish i had the cash to spend on the coilovers.. so go 2-2 if i can?... and are u gonna get new shocks and struts.. i know with the lowering springs the chances of blowin them is wayyyyy higher?

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
haha yea i wish i had the cash to spend on the coilovers.. so go 2-2 if i can?... and are u gonna get new shocks and struts.. i know with the lowering springs the chances of blowin them is wayyyyy higher?
Yea eventally when I get the cash, either going aftermerket or SS FE5 suspension. Not many companies make a 2-2 drop. I Know D2 does, but noone has them in stock. If you have the money i say go with Eibach sportlines. I went with Ksport some people hate on them but I have talked to more people who have never had a problem with them. The sportlines and Ksport are both 2-2.5 drop. If you search the suspension thread there are hundreds of articles and pics about springs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.