Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

How many cars, that you have owned, have you worked on before your Cobalt?

• None, this is my first

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • 1-2

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • 3-5

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • 6 or more

Votes: 26 46.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many cars, that you have owned, have you worked on before your Cobalt? ANd what kind were they? The Cobalt is the third car that I have worked on. I worked on a 99 Cavalier and a 01 Cougar before this.

R

·
0 Posts
1. 94 Ford Tempo--don't know what you mean by work but i bent the frame and got rid of it, got it for x-mas I really wasn't into cars at the time so i didn't care how it looked.
2. 89 Chevrolet Beretta-this is the biggest piece of shit every created. I NEEDED a car and so we went to some wierd repo auction and for $500 i took home a car that we spent $1000 just to get it running and it STILL sucked, it was red and looked like someone spray painted it all the time I was fixing the belt. It literally fell off in a puddle of water!
3. 93 Dodge Dakota-i traded the beretta in for $300! sad lol and got this piece of crap everytime you backed up you heard a creaking noise and no one could figure out the problem!
4. 95 Saturn SL-ahh not a bad car...i had a system in there...it got stolen...got rid of it for..
5. 00 Chevrolet Camaro-*sniffs* i miss this one!!!! she was my baby nuff said
6. 03 Chevrolet Cavalier-*coughs* piece of crap like all cavaliers..o.k. not all some. after 3 years with the warranty almost up she took a crap.

·
Registered
575 Posts
89 Z-24 cavy (shit)
96' Grand Prix SE
07 Cobalt LS
2007 Kawasaki Ninja (full carbon fiber exaust install 8 hrs) that's my buddys I want one :(

·
Registered
673 Posts
I missed the that I've owned part so my vote in the poll is a little skewed now. Sorry.

Let's see cars that I've owned and worked on.
1992 Cutless Supreme, just did the basics, oil changes etc
1995 Dodge Stratus, oils changes, brakes (4 freaking times), head gasket twice, EGR twice
1979 Toyota Corolla, I inherited it and it was my aunts first car so I got it running and gave it to her. She now drives back and forth to work sometimes in it.
2001 Camaro (I'm only part owner, it's a team car). uh where do I start? lol The entire car has been torn apart and redone. It's strictly a race car now, although it sees the streets when it's needed. :)
2006 Cobalt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have owned four cars
91 ford festiva
98 ford ranger xlt
02 calalier ls sport coupe
07 cobalt ss/sc
the first three only did the oil changes but on the SS i put on stage two and programed the pcm and few other little things
i am a gm auto tech so i have worked on alot of cars!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I missed the that I've owned part so my vote in the poll is a little skewed now. Sorry.
Yea, I had to put the "that you owned" part cause otherwise mine would be well over hundred since I worked in a custom stereo shop for a couple years, lol.

·
Registered
104 Posts
1. 79 Chevy custom deluxe C10 Small block 350
2. 93 Geo Prism lsi 1.6L.
3. 79 Camaro Small block 350
4. 77 Camaro Small block 305
5. 01 cougar C2
6. 89 Dodge spirit
7. 00 Dodge durango 4.8L V8
Now I have the cobalt..

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm only 18yrs old and this is my 2nd car owned but first car that I actually put money in, and I AM LOVIN' IT!!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm only 18yrs old and this is my 2nd car owned but first car that I actually put money in, and I AM LOVIN' IT!!!
Well, welcome to the world of modding. You're gonna love it. "It's more than a hobby, it's a lifestyle."

·
Registered
768 Posts
89' Cutlass Cierra SL
85' Honda Accord DX
91' mazda B2600i extended cab
83' Pontiac Grand Prix
92' Ford F-150
71' Pontiac LeMans - almost completly stock and in mint condition
06' Chevrolet Cobalt LS - 9000 hp and still need more

oops I voted wrong I thought it was less then 6. haha

M

·
0 Posts
depends on what you call work, ive done audio stuffs to all 3 of the cars ive had, but that prety much it

·
Registered
284 Posts
my first car was a 1991 Mitsubishi eclipse, had done some work to it... but most work was to keep it running... i had a lot of problems with that car but i still loved and and i kinda want it back!

the next car was the 2005 2.2 cobalt most of you know of...

and now my SS cobalt!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well the only work I would do on the cars I used to own was your typical stuff, Oil Change, Tune ups, replaced the occasional distributor, battery, starter, headlights, blinkers, taillights etc.,,etc...

·
Registered
40 Posts
67 Ford Mustang
71 Chevy Chevelle
71 Volkswagon Bettle
77 Pontiac Trans Am
86 Toyota Corolla GTS
06 Chevy Cobalt LS

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've owned over 10 dsm's in my lifetime, so yeah, I've worked on a lot of cars! lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.