Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, I could only go 300 miles on one tank before the low fuel light showed up. Seems like the "Low Fuel" will pop up at around 1/8th and 40 miles left of fuel in the tank. I don't drive anymore when then light comes on because i don't really know how much fuel i really have after the light comes on. Is this right?
How far can you go one tank?

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Which one are you talking about? The "FUEL RANGE LOW" or the "LOW FUEL?"

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
My sensor when I fill up the tank usually says around 288. Yea poor gas mileage cuz I drive up and down hills everyday...Freakin Hawaii!!!!

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
well Fuel Range low it's around 45..and LOW FUEL is I think around idk lol... Too scared to test it out...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dang, 300, i would like to get 350 at least, what kind of modification you did to your car? is it sedan or coupe? auto or stick shift? mine is automatic and all stock.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My low fuel light comes on when theres a gallon and a half left. 13 gallon tank - fill up of 11.5 usually = comes out to 1.5 right? That's been pretty much my exact amount every time I fill. The farthest I went was putting 12.658 gallons in.

·
Registered
978 Posts
get good mileage over 300 miles on a tank.

·
Say What again!
6,013 Posts
I'd have to actually go take mine out on a long trip on the freeway and see, but this cold weather, I'm seeing like 23-24 mpg...

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Boy now I am feeling bad for I am now get 14.5 to 16 miles. Must be the ethanol.And this is with the gas my dealer told me to use.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I only filled my car once so far. Only been driving to and from work since I got it. yeah, Its only 2 weeks old to me, still got the temp tag!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.