Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to sell my 2010 Cobalt XFE w/70k miles. It has new tires and is in excellent condition. How much can I expect to get for it?

·
Registered
40 Posts
yea sounds about right. start a little high though and allow yourself some room to negotiate.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Didn't A/C was an option or do you mean it doesn't work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It never had AC. When I had a car with AC I only used it a few times a year anyway so when I got them to come down $1000 I decided to buy it. Worst part is the car is black. Who thought it was a good idea to paint a car black when it doesn't have air?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I had it on Craigslist for about 3 weeks and got two offers, $2500, $3000 and the Chevy dealer offered me $3500 as a trade for a new full size pickup. I still have some life left in the Colorado so I'm going to hold off for a while longer... (hope it don't start costing me)....

Today I took $4000. for the Cobalt. I'm not completely satisfied but nobody was exactly beating my door down.

It was a great little car but I'm retiring in a few months and didn't see a need for commuter vehicle.

Thanks all for you help and advice.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Part of the reason I have no intention on selling mine - besides the personal sentimental value it holds - it won't be worth the effort to sell it as it sits, since it's so highly modified.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Part of the reason I have no intention on selling mine - besides the personal sentimental value it holds - it won't be worth the effort to sell it as it sits, since it's so highly modified.
The only people you could sell it to who would pay what it's worth are people who would want to do the mods themselves anyway! :laugh:

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Pretty much - which means that I'm better off only listing it on vehicle forums.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Better off burning it after getting it appraised.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Haha, I could care less about the money, really. If someone, for whatever reason, offered me $10k for it, I might decide to part with the old girl. But I'm pretty sentimental - ****, I don't really even want to sell the Cav. Especially since I have deemed it official Stoli chariot (for our dog).

·
Registered
949 Posts
I honestly don't see myself ever selling my Cobalt. For now it's my daily driver, but I'm planning on turning it into a full-on project car when I get a new DD in a few years.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I could never sell my g5, I mean who would want to buy a modified auto sedan anyways... no way I would get anywhere near what I would need to before I would even consider selling...

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

I guess I could take it back to stock and sell off all the fun stuff but I don't think I could ever bring myself to do that either...

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Pain in the ass, honestly. I thought about it - yeah I could sell all my parts for a few thousand easy - but you're still talking probably $500-1k in stock parts to put back on (since I've sold most of mine), and all the time to do so.

Might as well just keep it, or sell it as is. Considering I have probably quadrouple of what the vehicle is currently worth (via what I have into the car, and what I paid for it), selling doesn't exactly seem logical.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I still have all of my stock parts sitting around somewhere haha, just a matter of doing the swap.. either way I don't see myself ever selling her anyways so I'm not worried about it

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Nope, that's why I sold (or tried to sell) mine.

Just have a few things left. And those ****ing seats.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Not too worried about selling the stock stuff, wouldn't get much out of it anyways..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.