Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im thinking about buying an 09' chevy cobalt LT Sedan Auto transmission, just wondering how much do you think I can get one for? considering the economy, and the current situation GM is in.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
You gotta find the right dealership, go around to all the dealerships and have them give you prices.

im looking atgetting the new cobalt Ss turbo charged. couple dealerships ive been to want 23-24k, another one is asking 18,800, for the same exact car. You gotta search around.

Go on cars.com autotrader.com and check out craigslist.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
lol see the earlier posts. The answer still has not changed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2009 lt sedan, Automatic, cruise and full size spare,
Walked into the dealership, said invoice, I get all rebates.
Paid 13,967.65 cash.

Plus the dealer paid half of the window tinting :bigsmile:

·
Registered
43 Posts
2009 lt sedan, Automatic, cruise and full size spare,
Walked into the dealership, said invoice, I get all rebates.
Paid 13,967.65 cash.

Plus the dealer paid half of the window tinting :bigsmile:
Thats about how mine happened. There is like 3500 in rebates right now. I think mine was 18k and out the door was like 13k.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I picked up a brand new 09 cobalt 2dr, base model with auto, spoiler, trim, and spare tire for a work car for around $9600 before taxes and such on april 4th..... The car was on the lot since oct, and they probably had 40 cobalts.

The car I traded in needed some work and I told the dealer if they could get me the payment I wanted then I'd buy a new cobalt from them, if not I was off of the parts store. The monthly payment I told them I was looking for would have been for $9000 before taxes and such....

I didn't really care if I got a new car or not, I figured I'd see how desperate they were to make a sale. I figured it would be a good time to try to get a great deal instead of sinking money into my old car.

It was after the local auto show and GM was also offering 2500 off the MSRP. The dealer had around $12,100 in the window as there sale, the sticker prices was like 18,700. We got another $500 off for being farm bureau members and then we had $1000 in earnings from our GM car to use. That brought the price down to $10,600.

At this point I didn't even test drive the car yet (My dad has one so I've drove one before) I went back and forth with them for a little bit and they came down to about $10,000. I acted like I was kinda interested but unsure and told them that I'd really like to get it for a few $'s less a month. They said they couldn't get it any lower so I told them I'd try driving it to see how I liked the car.

I came back and told them that the car was nice but nothing special and I didn't really think that I wanted to spend that much money on something I just kind of liked, so I thanked them for there time and started walking out................. They said they'd give me one last offer and they dropped it down to right around $9600 We then had taxes added to that, plus I added the 5yr 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty.

I accepted their offer and I think I got a Great deal on a new car. After driving the Cobalt for a while I really liked it and so did my wife.

So about a week and a half later we went back and told them if they'd make us the same deal we'd by another for my wife. She wanted more options so that got added to the price (power windows, locks, auto start, etc....) and we didn't have the $1000 in earnings from the GM card but we didn't owe anything on her old 95 buick lasabre and got $1200 on trade in for it, so I think we still got the car for a good deal. Plus for at least 100,000 miles I won't have to mess with working on these cars................. Which means more time for working on our hot rod beetle.

Hope that helps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.