Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I a have an appointment at the only exhaust place in Bismarck tomorrow early in the morning. The shop itself is little and looks like a small business. I don't want to get burned on the price since I am already a poor college student. He never gave me an estimate so I'm wondering how long and how much you'd say it would cost putting this exhaust on? I heard good reviews of this exhaust, but the guy working said a lot of exhausts ppl bring in dont actually fit with the car. True or False? Thanks in advance!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231022159814?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
why not do it yourself?
must easier, and free!!!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Pffft, I hacked it off with a sawzall, jacked it up...did the catback in like an hour.

It's easy.

If you don't have a cutting wheel or sawzall, find someone that does or rent one. That way you're getting your money back and you're only out a few bucks for a blade/wheels.

Don't take it anywhere...you'll only get raped, 99.45% of the time.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
used nothing but hand tools with a friend doing mine, find a friend w/ tools if you don't have any and get at it

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

pipe cutting tool is very useful also i cut mine in 214234242 pieces lol

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
that's a lot of pieces...
=p

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yeh that's what I like about working on base, the auto hobby shop is litteraly 1/4 mile from my work, and I go there on my lunch probably once a week.
Access to air tools, lifts, tire changer, everything you could ask for.
You can even store your car overnight for 4 bucks.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Catback bolt on took me of 25 min total, from old to new. The sawzall at the axleback location was the more time consuming while bolts got some coating of WD-40.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.