Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how much a fuel pump is i cannot find a set price on the web. As mine is busted by the hose and need to replace. THanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Guys, I thought the fuel pump was installed in the fuel tank. I must be wrong from your responses if it's outside in a hose.
Tom

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Sometimes it's worthwhile to check into gmpartsdirect.com for parts. If you decide on going to a dealership to have this diagnosed/repaired, please let me know in a private message as I'm available to assist.

Regards,
Sarah
GM Customer Service

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys thinks for all your responses i have not been able to get on in awhile. I did however call my local chevy dealer and gave them my vin it was not covered by the warranty. I had to pay around 300$ for the part. This might be somewhat off topic but i have a gas cap from a honda civic on my car and my check engine light stays on do to this could this cause any problems? my other one broke sometime ago and sliced my finger open. But me not being very car savy threw it away and a buddy gave me his off his car i was just curious if this could cause any problems thanks for all the help again.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Well if CEL is coming on because of this it means your gas cap is not sealing tight. So your gasoline is evaporating by the filler neck. But gas is cheap these days.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well if CEL is coming on because of this it means your gas cap is not sealing tight. So your gasoline is evaporating by the filler neck. But gas is cheap these days.
Ah ok i was wondering could this cause any real major problems? I plan on buying one very soon where would you reccommend to purchase one at?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Not sure of any "problems" that could occur except you are running on limp mode due to the CEL. The only place I would buy a gas cap is from the dealer. Too many "universal" caps will not be a proper fit and will give you the same problem. I would check some of the GM websites as well to price check, just dont use ebay knock off brands.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not sure of any "problems" that could occur except you are running on limp mode due to the CEL. The only place I would buy a gas cap is from the dealer. Too many "universal" caps will not be a proper fit and will give you the same problem. I would check some of the GM websites as well to price check, just dont use ebay knock off brands.
Ok thank you for the help i will be looking into this today.:bigsmile:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.