Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just removed my low rise spoiler and i love the car so much better with it off only problem is i have 4 gaping holes in my trunk whats the best way to fill those holes bando then sand then paint?

·
Registered
911 Posts
what I did with my corolla (had a wing on it then changed my mind about it) was I used teckweld on the inside of the trunk and outside, then sanded it flush with the trunk, then used flowing putty and sanded that, then primed the whole thing...I had left the whole trunk primed black and sold it that way...another thing u can use is DumDum (u don't sand this tho, its kinda like play-doh)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Or have someone weld the trunk holes shut and then use filler and then primer and then paint.

Did this to my ION Redline.

·
Registered
91 Posts
yeah I would suggest welding either or patch or just a tack depending on how big the holes are. then body work, prime, paint.

Do not prime the whole trunk, keep your body work area and primer to a minimum so you will be able to blend the paint within the panel and not have to worry about blending adjacent panels or your color not matching.

If you cannot use a welder, tap the holes in a little bit to create a small dent. scuff the area thoroughly with 24 or 40 grit paper. then use short strand fiberglass filler, then do your body work. prime and paint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.