Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
thanks for that OBZ the balts been running okay now no problems so far we will have to see. time will tell

·
Registered
114 Posts
so i went to do this on my balt got both bolts taken out and started to pull out the headlight, it's nice and clear outside and then bam it starts to rain just my luck lol

·
Registered
100 Posts
damnnn dude..gettin that thing off is a b*tch....i just sawed off the ends and once out, i removed the bolts...shouldnt of but oh well lol

·
Registered
600 Posts
haha, i shall be doing this today! ill take pics just in case people want an updated DIY

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'd suggest this mod, you'll get maybe 1 or 2 HP and it makes the car sound so damn nice when you gun it (which will not help MPGS) but hell it's free and is harmless to the motor so why not.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Oh i'm sorry, there are 2 different ways to do it. one through the fender well and through the headlight. IMO the wheel well is the easiest way. Just get out there and look at it. its pretty easy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Drop it out

I finally did this to my Cobalt and was surprised at the size of the thing. Removed the headlight and remove some of the screws holding the wheel well and with a little pulling got it out. Got a little deeper growl now without it around 2500-3500. Pic below of it next to an iPod.

·
Registered
496 Posts
ok....so to get this straight, all models of cobalts have this? ive never seen the silencer when i messed around w/ my SRI

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
what do you need man i did mine and actually put mine back in to take it into the dealer for some warranty work

·
Registered
70 Posts
just some pix of what i need to take out in order to get to it. idk i saw the write up but the pics didnt load on my comp. nice headlights btw, (i think i have the same ones lol) but nice car :)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
thanks im converting the headlights over to HID soon but

i dont have any pictures haha cuz im in ny and it be cold right now but the easiest way is take your left head light out then the housing to the headlight and the way i did it was to take all the bolts or srews out or loosen them up on the fender and i had my buddy pull and then the two pins are the worse ones a bolt thingy and the other is a pin. if you can get to it the center pops out and then so does the pin

i kno your confused i was too with no pictures what im saying is useless
ill try getting pictures if you look at my profile i think i have pictures of my accident and you can see the whole air box

41 - 60 of 203 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.