Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Full credit goes to 4dr-LS, this was all his info, I just took some pictures.
All you need is a shift boot from autozone for $10, a zip tie, and your car keys.

Start by pulling the E-brake, and snapping this panel out.

Now turn the car on, and shift to neutral so you can take this next panel out.

Next you need to turn the shift boot inside out. There is velcro on the "knob end" of the boot, so you can open it up and slide it easily over the knob. Secure the velcro, and zip tie tightly near the end. Should look like this:

From there it's pretty easy, make sure the boot is relatively secure around the top, and turn it right side out. Slide it over the shifter panel, reassemble the panels, and you're done.

Like I said, all credit goes to 4dr-LS.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
i really like the look of this

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Lookz like a peniz..lol

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

so u dont need to take the shift knob out?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
yea there is a way to put it where you can see the gears, its not hard at all, all you have to do is fold up the side of the boot where the gears are and done

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Yes, there is. I didn't do it that way, and didn't want to. I didn't take the time to figure out how, but I've seen it done. I think 4dr-ls did it.
yea i did do it

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
yay..did this last night..now I just gotta put a black sharpie over the red stitching and make the ziptie higher up so that no velcro shows

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.