Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I change the color of my gauge cluster with out removing needles or replacing leds, i used a blue plastic transparent "paper folder" i bought from staples for .99 cent. here's how i did it: step one remove gauge cluster&trim around gauge to expose the needles. step two:cut the folder in half an lay it over the gauges:
step three: tape plastic to gauge an trace out around warning lights an info screen.

also mark where needles go:

step four: cut out for warning lights an trim to fit gauge:

step five: make cuts from bottom going strait up to where needles will sit an cut small circles to allow for needles:

after step five it should look like this:

step six: now slide it behind the factory overlay:

looking like this :

step seven: trim out the rest of the way an reassemble cluster:

an in the end it will look like this:

i hope u like the write up an if blue is not for u there were a bunch of different colors i'd found.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Nice write up! Easy cheap mod. How long did it take you to do?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Great post. This looks like a good idea. I do have one suggestion. Why not cut out the area with red. That way it does not look so dark. I don't know how hard it is to cut the film you used but I'm sure a fresh scalpel could handle the job. At least that what I would do. Looks good either way though.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks to all, it took me about one hour depending on how fast you can get your cluster an yes that is as bright as it get's also good idea about cut out around the red an easy to cut its a little thicker than a peice of paper. heads up i used curved ended scissor it made it easier to cut out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i just did this and now my mph guage is 5mph off whn i start up the car it doesnt go to zero its about 5mph less what can i do?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
try disconnecting the battery for a 10 min. it might reset the needles other than that i'm not sure what would cause that to happen,i had no trouble with mine an i moved my needles all around while trying to install mine i also disconnected the battery before i removed the cluster.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.