Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Me again with my Alero GL 2001 GM3400 SFI V6.

I saw that the temp gauge was going higher than usual ( pass half way mark and up ) so I stopped and checked the engine bay - The radiator fans were not moving. If AC is on the fans are starting and the coolant temperature goes and stays at normal levels - strange thing, even if I turn off the AC the fans are keep going...

I narrow it down to the coolant sensor that I replaced not to long ago when I did the LIM gasket. If I disconnect the cable from the sensor fans are going at full blast but I loose the temp gauge...

Is there a way to test the sensor , maybe with a multimeter for resistance ? I don't want to replace it if it's not at fault - not to long ago I replaced this sensor and I managed to crack the LIM.

Are there any ground points, or connections that I should look into? So far I cleaned the connection between sensor and connector and three grounds that are around air filter box ( the only ones that I could see ) . and checked the harness for visible damage but no luck. Should I maybe go by the PCM connector and clean / inspect?

Thanks for looking into this!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.