Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im looking into get an 06 ss manual.

anyway should i just buy one from where im at stock with just the s/c in it
or should i look into ebay and try to get one thats all ready modded ?

i was thinking if i bought one off ebay it would be cheaper..but then i dont know how hard the car has been ran and in what shape the mods are.

what would be the better way of going about getting a cobalt ?

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Honestly I'd say start bone stock so you know exactly what you got. Plus it'll feel much better when you do your own mods.

·
Registered
280 Posts
A lot of used SS/SC's were already modded and returned to stock before selling. So keep that in mind too.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Honestly I'd say start bone stock so you know exactly what you got. Plus it'll feel much better when you do your own mods.
+5. Nothing is more satisfying then modding your own car, your way, your style and with your own hard work. Go stock, then transform it your way. When you see your own work you will feel that car is yours, not someone elses that you just bought

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
+7

buying through a private party will save you big bucks (think tax plus dealer markup), but I suppose buying through a dealer could provide you some piece of mind...just make sure if you know nothing about cars, take at least a second opinion (friend, family, anyone) just to maybe catch things you can miss (including during the financing phase if you go that route).

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
there's honestly. no way ull ever know if a person returned it to stock. at least if it IS modded and u buy from a private seller u can get info from the driver how they treated it. some is better than none. i could take mine back to stock and there'd be no evidence that it was turbocharged at all.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
^ agreed, just cause the car was modded does not mean its been beaten up. I know many people who have cars that are stock and they trash the hell out of them. Yes its nice to do your own things and buying a modded car does not stop you from doing your own thing. I would not complain if I can across an SS that was already lowered, and some other things, just saves me some money that well go into performance and what not. Be great to find a supposedly "stock" ss/sc/tc but its VERY easy to bring a car back to stock form, I could do it to mine in a weekend.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks everyone for the input ! ya i want the sense of feeling of it being mine and mine only :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
+8
i wouldn't trust anybody's work but my own
This, and I can't stress it enough. I would never buy a car that someone else has already modded. You never know if they half a**ed it or did it right. I work around vehicles all day and can tell you a lot of what people do is half a**ed done. Even if they say a professional shop did it, I have seen plenty of pro shops do stuff poorly. A lot of shops will higher people with little to no automotive knowledge at all, so sometimes the way they are learning is on your vehicle.

·
Registered
319 Posts
+9 do your own. its rewarding

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that kind of has me a little afraid Mick lol

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
can anyone say...+11?

and don't be afraid. just do your research, get a second opinion before buying, have it checked/inspected, or do a carfax report, whatever. Good luck 06 ss is a nice ride!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.