Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to put in an indash dvd player in a 05 cobalt ls. i have installed 4 radios before but not in this car. so my questuon is how do i do this w/o losing my oil life,mpg and that kind of stuff in the dash. but i dont want to buy that adapter for the radio any ideas

thx Aaron

·
Registered
750 Posts
You are going to need the Metra 70-2103 or repin a Metra 70-2003. These can be found at best buy and local audio places. Also you will mostly need the dash kit which is either Single DIN - Metra = 99-3302 or Double DIN - Metra = 95-3302. Last of all you will need the antenna adapter which is the Metra 40-GM10 or the Scoshe MDA1B

52 Posts
Not meaning to thread jack, but was also thinking about going this route, but dont have a ton of cash for a high end dvd player. Can anyone recommend a nice one that might have xm option either by way of add on kit or built in? Dont need gps either.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
I would try dual or alpine, just take your time with it, and maybe you'll catch a good deal. If you can get more cash I would go with pioneer, otherwise alpine and dual are pretty good basic brands. Just do research before you buy.

52 Posts
Thank you :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.