Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you just bought your Tsudo exhaust for your cobalt, you get it shipped to your house, and ready to put it on.

Installing the exhaust is very easy.

Tools you will need: 15mm, 16mm, and 18mm with rachet, and a 15mm Wrench. A hacksaw, sawzall, whichever you prefer, saftey glasses and some lubricant!

Step 1:

Secure your car on a lift or jack stands. In my case, i had a lift.

Step 2: Your stock exhaust will look like so:

Step 3: Unbolt the exhaust from your downpipe. These are 15mm bolts. Spray with lubricant first and let it sit for a minute or so.

Step 4: Disconnect all your exhaust hangers. The rubber things that hold your exhaust up. I sprayed these with lubricant to so there easier to get off, but you dont have to.

Step 5: Cut the exhaust! I cut mine right after the resonater (the big thing towards the back of the car). Once cut, you can safley remove the exhaust, be carefull of it falling.

Step 5: Putting the Tsudo on! Yay! Almost there! Bolt the new exhaust to your downpipe! They are 16mm bolts, and dont forget to put the new gasket in-between, doesnt matter which gasket.

Step 6: Bolt the last of the tailpipe on! They are 18mm bolts, with 15mm nuts. And once again, dont forget to put the new gasket in-between. Get them as tight as you can.

Forgot a picture :(

Step 7: Put your hangers back on. Re-use the existing hangers. Your probably going to have to mess with the very rear hanger on the right side, the exhaust will probably be too close to your bumper and burn it if it gets to hot. My solution for this was getting a bigger hanger and it worked perfect!

Step 8: Lower the car and fire it up! You might want to drive it around for a bit, its gotta burn everything inside off, its probably gonna smoke and smell bad. But its normal.

And your done!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks :D, i saw no where had one.. and i know this is a popular exhaust, so i said why not!

·
Registered
101 Posts
did u notice any difference in power after installing it compared to stock

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
did u notice any difference in power after installing it compared to stock
Um, seems to be a little quicker?

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Nice huh..lol did you leave in the silencer or take it out?
I took it out lol. It was a pain to get out though >:eek:

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
nice writeup! good pics. i'm looking forward to using it when I end up doing mine :D looks good man!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha thanks! I hope it helps! And I just took the pics with my phone :p

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
HAVE...TO...ORDER....TSUDO...TOMORROW....Lol..It's necessary for my Turbo build so I'm not really wasting moneyz

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't have a video camera and I think my phones quality isn't good enough lol

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Is it really necessary to cut the factory exhaust? can't you just snake it out the back of the car? When i get around to doing my exhaust I want to keep the original one in tact if there is nothing wrong with it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol well you can, but your gonna have to let the rear axle hang down quite a bit.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I honestly don't know. I work at a shop, so one of the other guys had a longer hanger. I used like a suburban exhaust hanger and it was perfect. But you could bend the hanger down and I'm sure that would work.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.