Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How to Install Aftermarket Double Din Radio BEFORE INSTALL

14K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ericnerika 
#1 ·
Hi guys!

i haven't seen anybody do a good how-to with pictures of them installing aftermarket head units in the cobalts. I just bought my cobalt 09 ls coupe, and although I have not picked it up yet, I have ordered all the necessary equipment and so here it is. Stay tuned next week for the full DIY and many pics of installing an aftermarket DOUBLE DIN radio. These were all ordered from crutchfield.ca (i live in Canada) here is the required dash kit, antenna adaptor and wiring harness:

There you go! Hope this helps for those who keep asking what's required for the proper install. Message me with any questions!! More pics to come when i start my install. I will try to make the DIY as detailed as possible. Peace!

See less See more
#3 ·
Definitely not simple install. I have taken my dash out twice, plugged in the harness which is wired tot he head unit and no power to head unit. Gotta work out some kinks and will post the full DIY once I figure out where I'm going wrong. And for the steering wheel controls for music, there is a seperate adaptor you must buy but most people choose to deactivate the steering wheel music controls especially if they're putting a touch screen in.

#5 ·
Yes,

you must take the wire from the head unit that is supposed to go to the brake and attach it to a switch. Ground the other side of the switch and VOILA! you are done. Flip the switch and it will play DVD's. Let me know when it works :p and post pics of ur system !

#7 ·
*UPDATE* it is an easy install, but the interphace wire harness they sent me was defective so no no wonder it didn't work. Will post whole DIY when i get new parts and install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.