Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The B&M shift+ work on all 2.2/2.4 auto cobalt from 05-08, not tested on 09 yet. The shift+ has 2 stages. There is neutral, stage 1 and stage 2. What this does if you have it on stage 1 is that it makes the transmission use more pressure to shift quicker. Your car will throw you back a lil when in WOT changing gears. stage 2 is the same as stage 1 just applies more pressure causing the tire to chrip into 2nd gear. This can possiably void warrteny but it DOES NOT harm the transmission, if anything it extendeds its life. Let me know i need to add anything

Put the wire threw the fire wall(you will have to remove a cover to get it threw)

Your going to have to find the harness for the transmission and look for a light blue wire with a White stripe and orange with a black stripe NOT THE ONES TWISTED TOGETHER!!!Connecting to any other wire it will NOT work

Tape Red wire of shift plus with orange

Tape the black of the shift plus with the Blue

And tada your good to go

Any questions feel free to ask

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
its helps your car shift faster so that if you have mods, it pretty much helps to counter those. It might just make it like having a manual transmission with how fast it shifts

·
Registered
63 Posts
where exactly do i find these wires? does anyone have a zoomed out pic of this spot? im more lost then a blind man at a mime convention

·
Registered
63 Posts
theres 3 big bundles. which one is it haha

·
Registered
610 Posts
this is what my wiring looks like with the tools given in the kit. i just wanted to show everyone else to see if i did it right and if i did, this is what it should look like. all i have left to do is cover it with electric tape. lmk what you guys think :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
driving with the b & m shift plus going to kill your transmision"?

·
Registered
610 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
is it the red/black stripe or orange for the red wire ? i got the black on the blue/white wire
orange and black wire...not the ones that are entwined (elaberation: theres a blue/white wire, a orange/black wire and then another pair of orange/black and blue/white that are spun together. you want the ones that arenot entwined you want the free wires.

trust me, when you get it hooked up, you can feel the difference

·
Registered
6,103 Posts

no but you might get some jerky in your tranny so you will want to get new tranny mounts and a tranny cooler.
How much are tranny mounts and a tranny cooler?
and when should I get them? Im installing mine this weekend, should be here by then.

·
Registered
63 Posts
hey is it thre lightblue with white or blue with white i am not a automechanic dont know crap about cars
you're obviously a guy like myself. (slightly colorblind) that dark blue is actually purple. (crazy ik) but in any case, go with the light blue

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yea this seems like it could be relatively bad for your tranny. Especially when considering these really are not the BEST trannys out there anyway. But i do like the way it works. MY buddy has one And it does ride like a stick

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.