Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Easy, the door sensors are a ground then you just need a positive lead, so just get an add a fuse to tap into a fuse that's always on then run the negative to the door sensors. I did it for the lights under my doors. This way they only turn on when the doors are open, very slick.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Easy, the door sensors are a ground then you just need a positive lead, so just get an add a fuse to tap into a fuse that's always on then run the negative to the door sensors. I did it for the lights under my doors. This way they only turn on when the doors are open, very slick.
Where exactly are the door sensors?

·
Registered
121 Posts
They are in the body of the car in the door frame near the hood of the car. Just open the doors and look, you'll see um. They don't come out so you gotta pull of the plastic molding to get at them.

You can kinda see what i did with mine here, the picture is kinda crap but you can see how the ground lights up from the lights on the bottom side of my door.

·
Registered
450 Posts
that looks awesome where are you guys getting all of your led's

·
Registered
121 Posts
Those ones I got from crutchfield.com, just search for LED strip.

·
Registered
450 Posts
cool thanks guys

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
yeah i bought like 50 un-wired LED's which came with 50 seperate resistors off ebay for under $5. You should do something like that, that way you wire them however you want and theyre bright as hell and work well.

·
Registered
450 Posts
thats exactly what i wanna do

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
yeah i bought like 50 un-wired LED's which came with 50 seperate resistors off ebay for under $5. You should do something like that, that way you wire them however you want and theyre bright as hell and work well.
Where'd u buy them?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Where'd u buy them?
Go on ebay and type in ''wide angle led'' and the color you want too, and about 800-1000 results will pop up, most are like 100pcs for $8.99 or something from taiwan or china r wtv. Make sure theyre the wide angled ones not the narrow ones cuz the wide angled seem to wor better atleast for me, more light gets around to give more glowish effect. I dunno the exact buyer though it was quite afew months ago but i installed them in back of the gauges on my sold civic, and they have been working for a long time no fail and good color/light output.

And if you wire them and want to find a way to attach them to stuff like inside your door, GLUE GUN works wonders LOL just make sure to hide your LED's well so it looks real sick.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.