Bought one from Chevy dealer on-line special. Included bolts, but no instructions.Looks simple but hoping someone has done it before and can give me some instructions/advice on where to begin and where to end.
here is the process for removing and reinstalling the center console straight from the Haynes manual.
1. Disconnect the negative terminal( I did not do that step).
2. Set parking brake and shift to neutral.
3. Models with manual trans, remove shift knob then pry up front of shifter boot and remove boot from lever.
4. Modles with automatic use plastic trim tool to pry out the bezel around the shifter.
5. Use trim tool to pry up trim panel around parking brake handle.
6. Remove top trim plate. Disconnect the elecrtical connectors for the two power outlets.
7. Remove left and right panels.
8. Remove screws securing the rear armrest section of the console.
9. Remove the screws at the front and lift off the main console panel.
10. Installation is reversed.
11. Reconnect the battery.
If needed I can email a scan of the Haynes to anyone that needs it.
What I believe he is looking for is installing just the armrest not the entire console. Most cobalts do not come with the center armrest. I believe that is what he is looking to install. If I had some info I would help out but I have never installed one.
You have to disassemble the center console to install the armrest. I has a base LS also and installed an armrest. I disposed of the instructions for the armrest as I thought I would never need them again. Those instruction will greatly aid anyone who want to install an armrest in an armrest deficient Cobalt or G5. The console is in 2 or 3 pieces and you have to take off the rear part of the console to install the armrest, to get to the piece that you have to remove you have to actually completely remove the console, and install the armrest in its place. Total time for me was about hour and a half to do complete job.