Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have a 07 LT, and I have the removable grille inserts on my bumper. I recently purchased the wiring harness, the switch for the fog lights in the trim piece, and the new grille bezel inserts, as well as the fog lights. Now the question is, how do I do it? Any help would be appreciated! Chevrolet told me that it is easy to plug the wiring harness into the main one, but I have no clue where to even look for it.

·
Registered
547 Posts
You can plug them into the wire harness, but I ran them to a switch. To me that was easier then to wire them to the harness. Should only take you 2 hours tops if you take your time and do it right.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn't it just be easier to plug it into the OEM wiring harness for the car since it should have the plug in on it already? I am hoping the the plug for the OEM switch is on the harness too. I don't know what is on it and what isn't.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wouldn't it just be easier to plug it into the OEM wiring harness for the car since it should have the plug in on it already? I am hoping the the plug for the OEM switch is on the harness too. I don't know what is on it and what isn't.
depending on your model, the wiring for the OEM fog switch should already be in the harness, this was the case for my model (09 LT) its the only plug not plugged into anything on the left side.

As far as the rest I honestly don't know where the OEM hookup is for the fogs themselves. I always wanted some, but my bumper is all one piece, and don't want to buy a different one just yet.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yes, it would be easier. If you already have the wiring it will be simple, but I didn't have it so I had to run wires for my switch. You have the LT model so there is a good chance that you already have wiring.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn, I hope not. Haha I bought the $120 fog light wiring harness from Chevrolet already. Kind of a expensive deal. I have a late model 2007 LT. You got the shaft since you have the one piece bumper, and mines is pop out fog light grilles. But thanks for at least giving me a area to start looking for the plug. On the driver side, is it in the cab, or under the hood/fender area? Thanks a lot guys.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I don't know have the LS bumper on my car. I replaced it with the SS/NA bumper.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Damn, I hope not. Haha I bought the $120 fog light wiring harness from Chevrolet already. Kind of a expensive deal. I have a late model 2007 LT. You got the shaft since you have the one piece bumper, and mines is pop out fog light grilles. But thanks for at least giving me a area to start looking for the plug. On the driver side, is it in the cab, or under the hood/fender area? Thanks a lot guys.
Well you could say I got shafted, but honestly, it looks soo much sleeker w/o the pop outs. yea, the plug is right next to the dimmer for the interior lights (on the left side paneling)

Take some pictures of your experience so I can decide if I wanna do this or not.
GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Runbigmama-

Thank you for notifying me about the switch in the wiring harness! I just got that plugged in and now my fog light switch is illuminated. Thanks again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys-

Okay so I am getting fed up with my chevy dealer getting me nowhere. Has anyone here put OEM fog lights in their cobalt? I have asked the dealer if they have a diagram as to where the OEM fog light wiring harness connects into the OEM main harness and they don't know. and they don't want to look through their computer system to find the diagram. So I just figure it is easier to ask someone flat out if any of you may know, from experience.

Also, anyone know how to calculate what size amp I will need to power 2 TS-W252R subwoofers with the OEM deck?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
runbigmama,

thank you thank you thank you thank you. this is EXACTLY what I needed! One final question, do you know where the BCM is on the car? I will find a digital camera somewhere and take photos. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
actually that I don't know.
don't go through a lot of trouble finding a camera just to take pics for me, although it would be nice, really I was just curious to see how it goes. Just focus on making sure you get everything wired up right.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am getting one step closer at a time. I got the wiring harness now, and I have to pull the front bumper when I get time so that I can totally expose the harness so I can switch the factory one out with this other factory one. So to save me some time, anyone know how to pull the front bumper off a cobalt? I am assuming that it can't be more than a handful of bolts, but we all know assuming makes an ass of you and me. Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I sell plug-n-play harness's for foglights. No switch required as they turn off with the car. A switch can be easly added tho. PM me if interested!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.