Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a injen cold air intake on and its taking all the engines heat to its tubbing. Is there any way to stop it? Or anways to block heat?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I took off my fire blanket on my hood cause u dont need it. And if there was a fire ur car would be ****ed befor the fd would get there. maybe this might help.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
If you want to get colder air to the motor you need to run the full injen intake that runs down to your bumper, I have the GMPP short ram intake and have no problems.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
There is a company that makes a heat shield for air intakes, I think the brand is Cool It or Thermo Tec. They make a lot of heat shielding products. got mine from Jeg's before I was banned from ordering there.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
What!??!?!? how did you get banned from ordering? hahahahhahaaha
Yes theymessed up my order somehow and I was waiting on a part that was a stopping point for my jeep project, I think the sales person got the credit card numbers backwards or something. Called asking where the part was a wek later and they told me there was an issue with the order and I went old school on them and called them incompetent morons and a few other choice words. Didnt find out I was banned untill a year later of still getting their catalogs and made an order that had same thing happen, called them and found out.
Kicker of the story, I am banned and they asked if I was sure that I did not want to continue receving their catalogs. I said if I cant F#$%ing order anything from you why do I need your F$%ing catalogs?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put a injen cold air intake on and its taking all the engines heat to its tubbing. Is there any way to stop it? Or anways to block heat?
Cut the toe off a thermal sock and slide it over the tube then put a piece of drier hose around it. It may look funky but my brother did this on his super-built 5.0 and it worked great.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Yes theymessed up my order somehow and I was waiting on a part that was a stopping point for my jeep project, I think the sales person got the credit card numbers backwards or something. Called asking where the part was a wek later and they told me there was an issue with the order and I went old school on them and called them incompetent morons and a few other choice words. Didnt find out I was banned untill a year later of still getting their catalogs and made an order that had same thing happen, called them and found out.
Kicker of the story, I am banned and they asked if I was sure that I did not want to continue receving their catalogs. I said if I cant F#$%ing order anything from you why do I need your F$%ing catalogs?
that is epic

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.