Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing the mirror caps is really easy. I went to my local GM (Chevy) dealer and ordered them in my correct color(31U). They cost less than getting them on Ebay. I also had them the next day.

First thing is pull off the interior cover and remove the bolts. (10MM)

then removed the mirror.
On the passenger side look for two clips, (circled) you should have no trouble getting them with a screwdriver. You sould see the clips when you move the glass around.

It slides off real easy. Replace and reinstall, you are on you way to the other side.

The drivers side is a little different. Look for 2 clips near the bottom.

It pops out with a little more trouble but nothing major. Notice the drivers and passenger clips are not in the same spot. ( Yeah Im not sure why either.)

Reinstall the mirror . Step back and enjoy. I had this done in less than one hour.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I did mine in white and I did not have to remove the mirror. I was getting some work done after I rear-ended someone and popped my caps off and have the body shop paint them for free as they were painting my front end. I can't see why you'd remove your mirrors?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
i was gonna say i took a flat head screw driver popped mine off and took two seconds to pop the new ones in i had an imperial blue balt and for something as small as them it makes a difference IMO but im pretty sure you can find the caps in black i did on ebay or gmpartsdirect or some where

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
yeah i want a set of these in gloss black. i cant find them anywhere. and i really dont want to take mine off and paint them.

can anyone help me out with finding a set?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
go on ebay or gmpartsdirect.com i cant remember where i saw them try cratenginedepot.com also or whatev it is

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.