Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a couple posts on this topic however wanted to share my solution with everyone and see what you think.

First I had purchased some black hole plugs from: 8mm (5/16") Hole Plugs | Buy from WidgetCo

Here's a picture of what the plug looks like:

Once you have removed the front license plate and bracket, use a 5/16" drill bit to make the hole a little larger to accommodate the 8mm plug. Use a razor blade and carefully trim excess plastic and be sure the front of each hole is smooth.

Next push the 8mm plug firmly into the hole and your finished!

Here are some pics of how mine turned out.

·
Registered
441 Posts
about dam time. im trowin an atta boy to 10Blk on this..cuz ive been looking for a little write up and pics on this lol...cuz those dam holes are buggin the shit out of me..now i know how to fix it !

·
Registered
498 Posts
Rusty channellocks:laugh:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Can't do this in Ontario :( Law states a front plate must be on the car.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That's what I used to fill the holes in my trunk where I took off the spoiler. I just smeared some clear silicone on the bottom to keep the rain out and it really doesn't look as bad as you'd think.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes.. they are called Hide Away Plate way cheaper than the motorized.. they sell it in the same website.

This. But, get the manual one. It's a lot cheaper. And then plug the holes like it says in here. Got my plugs at Auto Zone for pretty cheap, back when I first did mine. Used the push pins like what holds the carpeted piece on, on the decklid.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah.., I feel you bro.. Im gonna have my bumper redone, plug the holes.. and get one of them plate hidders.. lol I live in Texas.. and plate has to be in front too..

I just put my plate on, I hated to do it but the law says I hato to have it on in front, actualy I wouldnt put it on if the dealer didnt make holes in my bumper.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.