Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
this is sweet, except what do you do if you have crank windows? i got my door panel clips open cept it gets stuck around the crank =( so i gave up on it.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Go to Autozone and buy a tool that removes the crank. i bought it for 5 dollars. Works amazing

Here this works better. It shows the tool and the metal clip it pushes off. The metal clip is what fits around the plastic crank and around the groves of the metal nob on the door.

·
Registered
100 Posts
question

Have any of you guys done this before? I was wondering if there was anything i need to do because i believe my cobalt has has side airbags would that interfere with me getting in my door panel because i need to get down in the door to fix my speaker.

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Have any of you guys done this before? I was wondering if there was anything i need to do because i believe my cobalt has has side airbags would that interfere with me getting in my door panel because i need to get down in the door to fix my speaker.
I did it just the other day, the air bag is in the roof...not the door. So you'll be just fine.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I did it just the other day, the air bag is in the roof...not the door. So you'll be just fine.
x2.... The side airbags deploy and blanket the windows and areas around head height level. Im not sure if they stop your body from getting ejected if your not wearing your seat belt, but will definately save you from smashing your head into the side windows

·
Registered
179 Posts
this might be a stupid question, but i cant tell from the removal. Is the window glass itself enclosed in the door? It wont fall out will it? As if there were a track that is thrown off when the panel is removed?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
this might be a stupid question, but i cant tell from the removal. Is the window glass itself enclosed in the door? It wont fall out will it? As if there were a track that is thrown off when the panel is removed?
it is attached to the door itself, removing the door panel will not affect it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Can you remove the crank without the tool?

I bought the tool...(mostly as a pry bar) but it worked perfectly on the crank....if you dont feel like coughing up 15 buck though, a string or ropish type item rubbed back and forth and pulled down on the opened of the clip works fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.