Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this how to, I'm going to show you what I did to fix my temperature blend door shaft after the actuator sheared it clean off. I do not take any credit for this because I only followed other guides on various different websites including this one, but there were no photos to reference so I'm doing everyone a favor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This is when I took the blend door lever over off, got a 3/4 inch aluminum tubing with an inner diameter of 1/2 inch from my local lowes and cut it to 40mm, a packet of jb weld epoxy (the original kind) super glued the sheared piece that was stuck in the actuator still to hold it in place while I went to town on the jb weld lol.

[/URL]

Also, make sure you sand the inside of the aluminum piece that you cut and then the shaft so the jb weld has something to "bite" on to. I used 80 grit sand paper.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And this is with the blend door lever over back on and you can see the clearance is perfect, I tested it this morning and this sucker is never breaking again. I think GM should have reinforced this or something, because this is a very common problem on Cobalts, G5s HHRs and many other GM vehicles.

[/URL]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts