Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just to swap out the bottom cushion and the seat backing. Here we go.
The bottom seat is held on by these plastic clips attached to the cushion that are snapped around the metal bracket of the seat. You should be able to remove them all using just your hands. There are 4 on each side.

Literally all you do is snap them all off, then put on the new cushion and reverse the process. Very simple and straight forward.

Now for the back part. First remove the side trim pieces from the seat. Next take a socket wrench to remove these bolts on both sides of the seat.

Then just slide in the new seat and rebolt it up. Pretty simple again.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Dude..I has the same seats..just not in black and mines dont say SS :)

·
Say What again!
5,999 Posts
I just swapped seats...seems a bit easier...

Tricell0010 said:
are you kidding me i was thinking about removing my seats today. how did you unbolt it form the car? the seat that is?
There are two 15 mm bolts that secures the rail to the floor - behind the seat. Just move it all the way forward, and remove the plastic covers, you'll see the bolts. Remove them, then recline the seat forward. Then just tilt the back end up, and pull the front end out of the slots.

·
Say What again!
5,999 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
personally I never liked leather seats (gets way too hot in the summer 100*+ leather seats=1 hot a**) but nice writeup none the less, I'm sure it'd be the same process if I wanted to swap over to the black seats over the white, or any covers...thanks

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No kyle I got the whole thing but for the guy to ship me the SS seats he had to take them all apart, so instead of putting together another seat, it was a lot easier to just swap out the cushion and the back part and not all the bracket stuff as well

·
Say What again!
5,999 Posts
No kyle I got the whole thing but for the guy to ship me the SS seats he had to take them all apart, so instead of putting together another seat, it was a lot easier to just swap out the cushion and the back part and not all the bracket stuff as well
Oh, gotchya.

I just picked up the entire seats when I got mine.

stickx911 said:
personally I never liked leather seats (gets way too hot in the summer 100*+ leather seats=1 hot a**)
That's why I really found out I like the Recaros - the center portion of the whole seat is mesh, not leather. Doesn't get freezing cold in the winter, and likely wont burn your ass in the summer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.