Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok people this is my 1st time doing a how to so bare with me:

Tools you need
*18mm socket wrench
*one C-clamp
*all though if you have a press i HIGHLY recommend you use it..lol
*2 jacks

this is for the front tranny mount:
1st jack up the car, then with the other jack, jack up the tranny just a tiny bit..

now theres gonna be 4 bolts your gonna be removing, the first one is as shown..

then remove the second bolt which is on the opposite side of the mount

after you get that done, look above the bushing and theres gonna be 2 bolts where my finger is pointed

the mount should slide right off as soon as you get all 4 bolts removed and it should look like this

now here comes the pain in the ass part...if you have access 2 a press then no problem but if you dont heres where the C clamp come in, put the mount on a surface where the bushing will be over the air, then put the clamp on the center of the bushing now start tightening the clamp until the bushing pops out...

when the bushing pops out then reverse the steps to put the new bushing in, same with the mounting of the tranny mount and it should look like this..

this is the first part of the how to, i dont have the second mount on yet but when i do ill finish off the how to...like i said before this is my first how to, if i made any mistakes on the instructions then let me know

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
nice how to! great use of a c-clamp and some weights lol. also torque specs:
Transmission Mount to Transmission Bolts
89 N·m
66 lb ft

Transmission Mount (Rear) to Frame Bolts
60 N·m
44 lb ft

Transmission Mount Through Bolts
100 N·m
74 lb ft

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice how to! great use of a c-clamp and some weights lol. also torque specs:
Transmission Mount to Transmission Bolts
89 N·m
66 lb ft

Transmission Mount (Rear) to Frame Bolts
60 N·m
44 lb ft

Transmission Mount Through Bolts
100 N·m
74 lb ft
yea those weights came in handy thanx haha
when we were trying to get the bushing through the mount i swear if felt like we were putting 260 lb ft or torque! yea it was that tough:amazed:

·
Registered
821 Posts
2nd tranny mount how to--be sure to take pics, or something, to explain the flat side of the arm in relation to the car.... like which way does the flat side go etc....

*nice touch with the fingerless gloves man :)

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
so I need to install these, steering rack spacers and control arm bushings. Since all my money is going to a jet ski and supercharger, I can't really afford to pay a shop. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so damn cold, once again though excellent write up

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2nd tranny mount how to--be sure to take pics, or something, to explain the flat side of the arm in relation to the car.... like which way does the flat side go etc....

*nice touch with the fingerless gloves man :)
i will bro, o and about the gloves, i was wearing those cuz i was working out right before i did the install lol

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

so I need to install these, steering rack spacers and control arm bushings. Since all my money is going to a jet ski and supercharger, I can't really afford to pay a shop. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so damn cold, once again though excellent write up
thanx man, doing it yourself might take forever but 2 pros 2 doing it yourself are you save money and you get to take pride in saying that you did it

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.