Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Joe and I am from south Texas (hence the Howdy) ...LOL... Anyways, I am an owner of a 2006 Cobalt LT ... I needed a newer car quickly for a new Job I took in February of 2008 and didn't have much time to look around... I should have held out for the SS but I am happy with mine so far... I am having a slight problem right now and the car is NOT under warranty anymore... Imagine that huh ?? I will look around and see if I can find someone who has posted the same problem as mine instead of starting a new one... If I don't find what I am looking for, hopefully you guys and girls can help me out... Thanks for reading and hope to gain some online cobalt friends...

Joe

·
Registered
547 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the Welcomes so far ! Does anyone know where I can find a thread about removal of the console.. Key is stuck in ignition and of course battery has been dead for a week... I read it could be the shift pin since it is automatic. I have the piece where the shifter is removed and the piece where the emergency brake removed.. not sure how to remove the sides so that I can see the shifter from the side view... Thanks for any and all help on this... I was going to start a new thread but for some reason it won't let me... keeps taking me to a log in page when I am already logged in ???? :)

·
Registered
678 Posts
have no idea, but either way, welcome!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Welcome to the site.... You got yourself a bastard cobalt I see. Wont give up the keys. I've never heard of it but wow thats strange. I'm guessin you have tried turning the stearing wheel vigerously while turning the key to take it out?

·
Registered
978 Posts
welcome to YC

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the extra Welcomes...

Yes, I did try turning the wheel... Its been acting up for a few weeks.. It has something to do with when I stop and put the car in park... You can hear a certain click and when you hear that, it will release the key... I have had times where I messed with the shifter back and forth and eventually it would give me the keys... I googled it before coming here and its a well known problem from what I can tell with the 2006 Cobalts... They say its a simple fix and I can do it myself... but, I can't even remove the plastic console...LOL... thats all I need help with for now... There is a pin that goes from one side of the shifter to the other side.. On the passenger side, it looks like the pin is suppose to fit in a piece that is metal but its coming off of a plastic piece that has wires coming from it... Thats why I need the sides off so I can see it better... I am going outside now to mess with it.. I will be back later to see if anyone is familiar with interior removal...LOL.. Thanks !

Joe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.