Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
got mine used this summer with 33,000 on it. only prob i had was a bad ignition cylinder and i couldn't get my car to shut off...had it replaced :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
got mine used this summer with 33,000 on it. only prob i had was a bad ignition cylinder and i couldn't get my car to shut off...had it replaced :)
I've had mine for about a year with almost 5000 Miles on it and My cylinder broke also, no problem because the dealership fixed it though.

Also with the windows rolled down the Seatbelt russling around in the wind is unbearable.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Bought mine brand new in 2007 and now it has 50000 miles and running absolutely strong, no problems whatsoever and never had anything replaced other than a clutch pedal I broke during an extremely cold morning.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My battery has been dying out of nowhere, and my service air bag light comes on now... plus theres a kind of high pitched squeel coming from the engine, I suspect it's just a squeeky belt. All that's minor though, I'm loving my cobalt so far. Has 41800 or so miles on it.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Bought mine new in 2006(2007 LS sedan) had 8 mile when bought, now has almost 98,000. Still not afraid to check fluids and hop on the road for long distance trips. Still moves good on the highway.

Do not like the wind noise coming from the rear edge of the front door, brake rotors that had to be replaced at 45,000, lug studs that brake easy, poor paint.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Got mine in Dec 07 with 300 miles on it, now its just over 28k and holding up perfectly fine. Only thing i hate is one rattle from the back seat shelf, but that is cause of the system, if I hadnt had the bass it would be fine.
wow, really almost four years now and only 28k???

I bought mine back on March 07, 2007 and it only had 2 miles on the odometer when I drove it off the lot after my 2 mile test drive. First yellow one the dealer got, and I was the first to test drive it. Now three and a half years later I have 93,xxx miles on it with very few if any major problems.

List:
1- Got rear ended in October of 07
2- Radiator Fan sucked up a plastic bag and committed suicide 7 Months ago
3- It was run off the road by a moron towing a trailer who "didn't see the car" (how the F*** do you not see a bright yellow Car?!?!?)
4- Coolant temp sensor went out this past July
5- Clutch Pedal Position Switch went out last month
and a possible 6- I don't know if it is the cold weather, or what, but the car isn't heating up to 190* F anymore unless it sits idle for 15 minutes after driving. I can go about 7 miles after a cold start before it reaches 175* F... I think my T-Stat is stuck open, which if it is, is covered under warranty!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Bought mine in January of 2007. Had like 200 miles on it cause the dealer didn't want to trailer it from a different lot. Mechanicaly my car is sound. Only major problems I have had was a broken exhaust lifter, and a broken axle at the track. Lol none of which I would blame on GMs workmanship. More or less the beating I have thrown it.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Had it since 05
Problems:
1. Key getting stuck in ignition, fixed under warranty.
2. Speakers replaced under warranty
3. Accident, $6000 in damage
Other then that its doin ok.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Had Since '07

Problems:
Passenger Strut replaced
Passenger Wheel Baring Replaced
Thermostat Replaced and Coolant temp sensor Also
Radiator Replaced - Raccoon's Fault
Front Bumper Repaired - Accident With Ford Focus

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Bought it brand new Sept. 7th, drove it off the lot with 28 miles. Now has 20xxx on it and not one problem.

1 - 20 of 287 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.