Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Knock it off. You know as well as I that Trifecta is not a can tune. The only difference is that you are doing street pulls instead of dyno pulls and you get a longer time with the tuner for HPT.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
eh, I only paid $230 for the tune, I wasn't even going to do it, but it was too good a deal to pass up. It's an 08 gt with little modification (CAI). Only hoping for smother auto shifts and everything else is extra. haha

I have no idea what to expect or have any expectations going in so I don't think I'll be disappointed. I also plan to put on new rotors, change plugs, tb clean, oil change, all on the same day so hopefully combined, it'll be a big-ish change.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Please, trash the misconception that Trifecta is simply a generic tune!!! You still get a custom tune, you can still send in for datalogs, YOU CAN GET LIVE TUNING IF YOU TIME IT CORRECTLY!!!!! The only difference is the guy tuning your car is in WA and you are in your car with a laptop on your lap.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Interesting. I'm looking into Trifecta as we speak, but Seattle is kinda out of the way for me and I can't see them doing too much good by just mailing me a generic tune. Anyways, more research is needed I suppose.
You can do e-tunes with HPtuners too. You just need the program and a laptop to reflash your ECU. I've done e-tunes plenty of times with cobalts.

Please, trash the misconception that Trifecta is simply a generic tune!!! You still get a custom tune, you can still send in for datalogs, YOU CAN GET LIVE TUNING IF YOU TIME IT CORRECTLY!!!!! The only difference is the guy tuning your car is in WA and you are in your car with a laptop on your lap.
Yes, you can get live tunes from Vince, it's just really hard to coordinate times with him. And most of my tunes on HP tuners are street tunes, not dyno tunes. Trifecta is basically a "canned" tune, as he has preset tunes he sends you, and from there, he will get your log and adjust your tune. The difference is, it's easier to see the tune live with HP tuners than it is with Vince looking through the log and seeing what needs to be done. As with the live data you can get in real time with HPtuners you can actually see the actual number changes needed to be made to the MAF calibration, whereas Vince can't do that.

Whoever said don't cheap out on a tune, this is true, but not at the same time. The price of the tune is all on the tuner, not your car. :)

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Do you get to choose which 'canned' tune to use? Like, is one designated for economy, while another is for low-end pull and another for high RPM power? Or is it all pretty much the same deal? What I read on Trifecta's site is that the tune is good for 10hp and 4¼ tq, among other things. Sorry BB, I don't mean to rile up any feathers I'm just sayins what I hears.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.