Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OKOK Ive read nearly all the threads in this section but I still have a couple unanswered questions:

I do not have OnStar or the Pioneer system. I dont have steering wheel controlls, other than cruise control. and my Driver Information display is in the guages.
I see that there is a lot of talk about the harness you need to keep key and door chimes and all the stuff listed above but I dont have most of that...Do i still need the harness?

Here is what Im looking at getting:
Kenwood KDC-MP242 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Is this harness what I need for my setup?
PAC GM Radio Integration Adapter Allows aftermarket radio installation in select 2004-up Chevrolet and Pontiac vehicles (model C2R-GM11B) at Crutchfield.com

but they also suggest this:
Chevy/Pontiac Adapter Package 2004-up Chevy Malibu, Pontiac G6 at Crutchfield.com
This leads me to think that i will lose the Driver info in the Guages. or am I just over thinking it?

For the satelite radio I plan on getting an external unit so I can switch it between vehicles.
Is it possible to use the factory XM antenna? and splice it to whatever connector i need? or am I doomed to have two antennas?

If this has been covered..point me in the right direction or link me please.

Thank you in advance
HCS

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
OKOK Ive read nearly all the threads in this section but I still have a couple unanswered questions:

I do not have OnStar or the Pioneer system. I dont have steering wheel controlls, other than cruise control. and my Driver Information display is in the guages.
I see that there is a lot of talk about the harness you need to keep key and door chimes and all the stuff listed above but I dont have most of that...Do i still need the harness?

Here is what Im looking at getting:
Kenwood KDC-MP242 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Is this harness what I need for my setup?
PAC GM Radio Integration Adapter Allows aftermarket radio installation in select 2004-up Chevrolet and Pontiac vehicles (model C2R-GM11B) at Crutchfield.com

but they also suggest this:
Chevy/Pontiac Adapter Package 2004-up Chevy Malibu, Pontiac G6 at Crutchfield.com
This leads me to think that i will lose the Driver info in the Guages. or am I just over thinking it?

For the satelite radio I plan on getting an external unit so I can switch it between vehicles.
Is it possible to use the factory XM antenna? and splice it to whatever connector i need? or am I doomed to have two antennas?

If this has been covered..point me in the right direction or link me please.

Thank you in advance
HCS
you don't need the last one, thats for malibus and G6s. and the harness you're looking at IS the expensive harness lol, it allows you to keep all your dummy dingers. and as far as the XM, i'm honestly not sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.